24 - Dating out loud

The next morning my mom called to tell me that she was going to be home later that night

The next morning my mom called to tell me that she was going to be home later that night. "So you're free today?" Angel asked as he heard me getting off of the phone. I nodded, "I guess so." He smiled and walked up to me, placing his hands on my waist. "Good, get dressed. I want to take you somewhere." I squinted at him, "Where?" He shook his head, "Uh, uh, it's a surprise. Now go." He placed a kiss on my nose. "Get dressed." "Okay." I walked back to my room and picked out some clothes, but then realized that I didn't know what to dress for. "Angel! How am I supposed to know what to wear?!" I yelled to him from my room. He walked back to my room and lingered in the doorway. "Just dress comfortably." 

I rolled my eyes at him. "So jeans and shirt?" He nodded, "That's fine." I huffed as I continued to dig through my closet. Finally I decided on a pair of high waisted jeans and a crop top. I started taking off my clothes to change when I realized he was still standing there, staring at me. "Um, creep much?" He laughed, "I'll go, even though you want me to stay." Once he walked away I changed into the clothes that I'd laid out on my bed. Finally, I put on my vans and sprayed on some perfume. Then I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and left some hair down on both sides of my face. I put on my mini backpack and headed up front. 

Angel got up from the couch once I walked in. He looked me up and down and smiled at me. Then he tapped my nose, "You look like a little kid heading to Disney world or something." I rolled my eyes, "You literally wouldn't tell me where we're going. So this is what you get. Take it or leave it." He smiled and pulled me into him. "I love it Riella. You're cute as hell mami." "So, can you tell me now?" He smiled and shook his head, "Nope, just come on." He pulled me out the door. I closed it behind us and walked with him to get into his car.

"Angel can you please tell me where we're going?" I poked my lip out as I sat down in the passenger seat. He started the car and backed out of the driveway. "Nope. And that little pouty face isn't going to get me to tell you either." I huffed and sat back in my seat. I looked out of the window at Oscar and Cesar's house as we drove down the street. Nobody was outside. I wondered if Oscar was doing better with the grocery shopping. I wondered how Cesar was doing. I could always catch up with him at work on Monday, but I couldn't ask him about Oscar. Even though I wanted to. Every single time.

Angel drove for a little while and then eventually I realized where he was taking us. "No way!" He smiled hard as he pulled in. "Who told you?" "Nobody. I just know you like games." I smiled from ear to ear as Angel parked outside of the Video Arcade. There weren't many left, but the ones that were left were absolutely amazing. They were filled with some of the most nostalgic games. I hurried up and got out and waited on Angel to walk around to me. We started walking inside, as we walked, Angel reached down and held my hand. I looked down at our hands and then bit my lip slightly. It felt good to be out with him and to feel like I was actually out on a...wait. "Is this a date?" 

Angel looked at me, "Do you want it to be?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." Then he stopped me. He looked at me and held both of my hands in his. "Riella, don't be afraid of feeling good about us. Oscar doesn't matter anymore. Okay. You and me are what matters now. And if you like this", he pointed from me to him, "then that's okay. It's okay for you to be happy and do things that make YOU happy." I just stood there listening to him. What he was saying was hitting me hard. A lot of what I used to do was to make Oscar happy. "Riella?" 

I swallowed, "You're right." I gave his hands a squeeze. "I do like this. I like us." He smiled. "Good, now come on in here so I can kick your ass on Pacman." I laughed, "Oh you're on!" We walked inside, hand in hand. On an actually date. This felt different. This was different. But it felt good. 

I couldn't help but to smile at Angel as he paid for us. He got both of us two really big bags of quarters. Then he turned around and handed me one. "I hope you're ready to be here for a while." I nodded. 

I like Angel. Maybe he was who I was supposed to be with this entire time. 

________________________________________

So how do you guys feel about Angel and Riella?