Too Violent Too Late

Word has spread about Carol. Some even have discussed bits and pieces of Tyson. Luckily, they seem to be unaware of mine, or anybody else in the group's evolvement. Kyle has called another meeting. It seems strange and somewhat rushed to have a discussion after a single week after an attack.

Derrick, Rachel, Gwen, and I collect in the lounge and discuss classes, family life, and what we plan for over the summer. Gwen still shutters but has made improvements since the storage room. After a few more minutes, the garage door opens and we see Joel walk in with a peaceful grin. He's holding hands with You-Know-Who.

"Hey, guys," he says as if nothing is wrong as they trudge upstairs.

Rachel looks down in glee and then suspicion. "What, uh, happened that made you guys together again."

"Well, I called him. Then I talked everything out," You-Know-Who says as they sit on the couch. "Afterwards, we told how we love and miss each other and decided we wouldn't let that continue."

After establishing a mental that You-Know-Who is back to being Amy, we catch up and conversation a little more until we hear the office door slam shut that causes an thunderous echo throughout the garage.

"Alright." He walks up the stairs quickly. "Let's get this done with and get to work." Kyle serves the room, notices Amy, and sits in the recliner as he places the folder on the coffee table. "Guess who has a birthday on the last day of school." Derrick picks up the folder and holds it open.

A photo of Tyson slides out and lands on the table's corner. Gwen jumps in her seat and folds her knees to her chest to tremble behind. Derrick rushes to hold her and calm her down. Kyle just rolls his eyes.

"Well, now that your little fit is over, can I continue?" He earns an evil glance from Derrick and a hateful stare from all of us. Joel explains the situation in whispers to Amy. "He's gonna have a party in the park by the lake outside of town with a majority of the other jocks."

"How exactly are we gonna get to him then?" Rachel says with an annoyed, yet curious tone.

"We won't," he says as if she should know that. "The guy that's given us the tech and drugs to handle the other leaders is gonna help us go all out. We will have tear gas, pepper spray and flash grenades. We go in with gas mask and use these on Tyson." He pulls out several metal bats and street sign poles from behind the T.V. and grinned.

"Excuse me," Joel intervened. "This sound very illegal and violent."

"Do you want to finish this or not, Joel!" he yells. The room goes silent. "It may be a tad messy but we need to have this over with before they weed us out and do the same to us!"

Kyle's rush to eliminate the leaders have caused him to become tense. He angrily scratches his head and the remainder of us gaze at each other for answers. Derrick just stands, help Gwen to her feet, and walks along side her out towards the garage door. All Kyle does his march downstairs and slam his office door closed.

Rachel crosses her arms. "Well," Amy begins. "It seems I came back at a great time." She earns a snicker from us and we slowly develop conversation. However, each of us are still trying to comprehend what happened in the back if out minds.