Check Please

Tyson's fist cocks back and launches into my lower ribs. Before I can respond to the pain, the air in my lungs escapes and leaves me hobbled over, gasping for air. He let's go of my throat and I land on my knees and clench my sides.

"Tell me where Owlsand is!" His voice is still and focused.

"I don't know... what... you mean." My heaves are nearly audible. I then feel his right hand bash into my jaw and I topple to my left with only the shelves holding me up.

"Don't you toy with me, Bailic! Marie said that whoever has the scar knows him!" I get up to my fours and see him tighten his grip on the baseball bat. "Where the hell is Owlsand?!" He swings into my ribs several times. "Where the hell is your little warehouse?!" He turns it over and jabs me with the handle. "Where the hell is the other nameless bastards?!"

I'm trying to be strong but a metal bat is very persuading. My breath returns but it's timing is a tad late. Tyson leans his boot on my head and aims to bat parallel to his leg. He presses down and I see the room grow with light. Expecting another hit, I look up to see Tyson staring down the double doors. "Wyatt, are you al--" Rachel begins as she realizes the situation. All I see is her, accompanied by Gwen, eyeing down Tyson.

Rachel charges like the fighter she is and grips the bat as Tyson swings. With both of their hands on the weapon, Tyson uses his strength to make her fall onto her back. He swings only to have her roll out of the way.

He towers over her and follows as she scoots away on the ground. Gwen then jumps onto his back from out of the blue. Her arms are wrapped around his neck. Tyson then rushes back and slams her into the shelves. He then turns and grabs her neck again. "Shouldn't have done that, missy."

I look at Rachel's scared face behind me and hurry for a solution. I see a full bag of potatoes that I came for in the corner. I take it into my grasp, toss it with my remaining strength, and see it hit the back of Tyson's head. It forces it into a chrome shelf as the room is met with a metal clang. His limp body sinks down as Gwen hurriedly crawls out from under him. She stops beside Rachel and seems to let out sharp breaths and cut whimpers.

"Wyatt, what happened?" Rachel looks at me as Gwen stares at Tyson's direction.

"I'll explain later. Get yourselves two to the van. I'm gonna get the guys and we'll go." I'm met with a shivering nod as she cradles Gwen. As I sprint down the hall, I hear screams and shrieks. In the corner of the room, town hall members have Carol's vomit showering into their pristine suits.

I see Derrick and Joel laughing with Kyle in the kitchen. I wish I could join them. "Hey, man. Where were you? You missed her hurricane of barf." Derrick chuckles as Kyle and Joel do the same.

"Long story. We need to go. Gwen and Rachel are in the van right now. We need to leave." I see Derrick realize my tone.

The four of us rush into the parking lot. In the van, there's Gwen shivering with wide eyes as Rachel tries to comfort her. Derrick leaps into the back, grabs her hand, and caresses her cheek. It has no apparent affect. Kyle drives off as Joel rides shotgun. I sit alone in the row of seats between all of them.

The vehicle is frantic with questions and concerns. I'm still making heads or tails out of it.