Nameless

Amy, Rachel, and I arrive at the garage. Joel went with Gwen to help out Derrick with his homework. Rachel and I are seated in the lounge as we see Amy shuffling snacks in the fridge across from us. I don't know if she actually intends to eat. It seems she's trying to keep herself busy more than anything. Just then, the door rises. Here comes Kyle.

"I heard the announcement." He calls out. "Now they know. I'm guessing you guys want to take out Renolds."

"Bet your ass. The cliques are linked. We're the odd men out. Let's get dirt on Lincoln before the school is against us." I say in an aggressive tone. I don't mean to be harsh, but I can't be the reason my friends are outlaws.

"Lincoln is too big. If he goes missing, people will only get more paranoid. For now, let's focus on Marie. She's weak. She's alone. She's next."

"No!" Amy called out as she marched to the lounge. "Let's get Stephanie. We still have the video. What about Carol? let's show that the beauties aren't better."

"It's about timing. Marie is out of time and we need to go for it."

After that statement, Joel and Gwen walk in as Joel pats her on the shoulder.

"Hey, guys. Sorry we're late." He says.

"It's fine, honey." Amy replies in a low voice as she checks the time on her phone.

"Did we get a name?" Gwen asks as the walk up to the lounge with us.

"No name. We aren't going to be like them." Kyle burst out.

"So we're gonna be nameless?" Rachel questions.

"I like that." I say.

"What?"

"Nameless. We aren't like the cliques but we still have purpose. We don't belong. We're nameless."

Silence flows into the warehouse. There is one hushed grunt of approval accompanied by growing nods. We're nameless.

"Alright. Come by this weekend to talk about Marie and see if the cliques are linked. Gwen, tell Derrick." Kyle orders.

"Sure thing, chief."

One by one, we flow out. Kyle goes to his office while we all leave. Joel leaves with Gwen in her car. Apparently, his bike tires were slashed. Other than that, we all left as usual. Finally, we are a unit, a team, a clique. I'm proud to be nameless.