Not Going

The weeks pass on to where it has become early May. Since the last meeting at the garage, Kyle hasn't talked to any of us, Derrick and Gwen have reverted to being silent, and Rachel seems annoyed by Kyle's absence. The group that was once talkative and united is now disrupted by another's plot.

"What the hell, Tyson!" the intercom blares. Lincoln is present. "Owlsand told me about your little idea! You wanna stab me in the back?! We could have turned this all around, you bastard! Now, it means war!" We hear the mic hit a surface and caused a mass wave of feedback upon the school. After the usual eerie quietness, chatter and rumors make an uproar. Everyone is confused on what happened, ourselves included.

"Dear god. What do you think that was about?" Rachel asks.

Amy shrugs. "I'm not sure. Did he and Tyson have some kind of collaboration?" She leans into Joel.

"Here, I'll go to the garage Friday and see if Kyle knows anything," I add. "Anyone wanna come with?"

"Screw that," Derrick protests. "I'm not going to that ass after how he talked to my sweetheart." He pulls Gwen closer as Tyson's name caused her to tense up again.

I turn to Joel and Amy. "We have other plans that night," Joel says. "I'm sorry, Wyatt." I nod to say it was alright.

"I'll go." I look to my right and see Rachel holding up her hand. "I don't want to, but I want to know what Lincoln and Tyson have planned."

She reaches over and hugs me. A friendly hug, but a hug none the less. The bell rings and as I walk towards the L-shaped building, I ponder the questions I could ask Kyle.

What connection do Lincoln and Tyson have? Is there an connection? What did the originally plan? What did he tell Lincoln? I can only hope for some kind of direct answer.