Fair Warning

Tuesday. The lunch table is in a unsettling silence with the absence of Derrick. Two more weeks and he'll be back on his feet. Gwen is a nervous wreak as Rachel still tries to comfort her.

"You know what I thought of?" Joel said as the quiet air now has words flowing in it. "Marie ratted us out to the other cliques, but they hate each other. To add to that, why would Quinn let her in the party if he watched the door and knew she was the goth's leader?"

"Maybe they are all trying to stab each other's back by making alliances between them. That may be why Stephanie wanted to go." Amy says.

"So Quinn and Marie were allies. Stephanie was with at least one of them. Tyson has someone too since he knew about us." Rachel said while rubbing Gwen's shoulder as she gazes at the ground.

"Kyle should know what to do. He told me Marie is next to go so she won't sell us out anymore." I intrude.

"How did you ta--" Amy began before we heard the intercom switch on.

"Good afternoon, Tri Point wolves." I heard Renolds say. "I want to congratulate the football teams, especially the JV team. The player who was injured deserved it and more. However, this message is to his friends. Go home. You got one of us but not all. Even the beauties can exterminate you degenerates. You disgraces don't even belong in any clique. Seize your attempts and the rest of you will be spared. Heed this words and be wise. Thank you."

"Students and staff, once again ignore the previous announcements. A new security system is being mailed to prevent this accident from reoccurring. Please, have a wonderful day." Principal Kendon announced.

The hollowing hushed whispers encircling us was overwhelming. Some knew who Lincoln was talking about while others were sifting through the courtyard trying to find us.

"Can we change the subject? Joel, Derrick needs some of the homework from his classes and your help with them? Can you meet us at the hospital after school tomorrow?" Gwen asked to cut the resurrected silence.

"Sure. You guys go to Kyle while we're there and see if he has a plan."

"Maybe a name too." Rachel adds.

The lunch ends after a few minutes of normal conversation. I'm quiet but panicking inside. Are the cliques interlinked? They can't be. Who's on who's side? More questions for Kyle. Do we really need a name? What would it be? The intense adrenaline of uncontrollable thoughts repeatedly assaults my brain. Could I just go to science as a normal kid? I guess not.