Still In Production

I still hate weekends. They just seem like an abrupt break from the regular school day routine. However, we are all planning to go to the garage again and decided how to handle Marie.

Joel came in Gwen's car along with her and Derrick who still had gauze just under his shirt. Were all in the lounge patiently waiting for Kyle. He emerges from his office with a stack of papers all sorted out in a beige folder.

"Marie is always in the school plays." He began as he sits down and spreads the papers. "This year she has the lead role and will be center attention. I know a guy who can get us numbing solutions that we'll put in her makeup. That way, she'll sound like a bloodhound with a mouth full of gum."

"It seems more like a sick prank." Gwen intruded as she leaned into Derrick.

"It is. Marie takes acting seriously and will want to leave the country if she messes up. We need people to work as crew members to get backstage. Wyatt and I will work set design while Amy signs up for makeup and wardrobe."

"No! I'm not doing it! This is so stupid! I'll see you guys later! I won't be part of this." Amy suddenly exclaims as she heads to the door and swatting Joel's hand away on her way out. The good old silence is back.

"Gwen? Could you sign up then?"

"Don't mention it, Kyle."

"Great. If things don't go as planned, Joel can hack into the lighting program from the crowd. If that happens, Marie doesn't get seen as the turn off while she's under them. Got it?"

"You really thought this through. Need a hobby, Kyle?" I chuckle while earning a smirk from Rachel and Derrick.

"I have one. It's called 'fighting for the little guys.' You should try it."

After a few more wise cracks and friendly tales, the sun is setting. Derrick, Joel, and Gwen all leave in her van. Joel hasn't said a word since Amy stormed off. It's just Rachel and I pedaling through the neighborhood.

"Rachel, has Amy acted weird in class with you?" I ask.

"A little. She's been more quiet. It's probably from everything going on at once. Don't worry." She says with a glistening smile as she turns to go her separate way. I wave goodbye as soon, like usual, it's only me on a creaking, old bike.