I Did What

The sun rises. I shower and get dressed before heading out. I'm not gonna wait around. She is going to be okay. I just want to see her.

Ms. Stenrig is at the door. She knows I like Rachel but doesn't tell her. Hopefully, it won't be a secret for too long. I walk into her room to see her watching reality shows with tomato soup in her lap as she leans back onto the wall.

"Hey, Wyatt." She says calmly and relaxed.

"Hey." I manage to say as worry leaves my voice.

"We did it. At least, I think we did." She said as I sit on the edge of the mattress next to her.

"We did. Everything went well until your little outburst. What do you remember of it?"

"The last thing I saw was all of us stepping into the van. After that, it seemed like I just fell asleep in the car. Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid."

"Uh... you tried to choke out Kyle, thought you were an animal, and thought we left you in the cold." I chuckle.

"I knew I shouldn't have had that drink. I'm an idiot."

"No you're not." I say while I wrap my arm around her. "You're just my little moron."

"Wyatt!" She giggles as she gives me a light jab in the arm. "Your little moron has a terrible headache."

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help that?"

"Soup is always nice." She laughs as she hands me the bowl. "Thank, Wyatt."

I didn't mind the tone. My little moron needed soup and wants me to get it. I walk in and place the warm bowl into her lap and sit on the bed as she watches more reality shows. We would make smart comments about all of the mindless, pretty faces they plaster on the screen. I want to kiss her again. Why couldn't she have remembered that little detail?

I began leave after a hour or two once her headache subsides. Rachel's cheerful smile returns to her face.

"Thanks, Dr. Bailic." She chuckles as I leap onto my bike.

"Chef Dr. Bailic." I say between laughs

"Who's the moron here?" She grins. "I'll see you at school."

I pedal off. I felt great after spending time with her for a portion of the day. However, I know what's next. Kyle must have sent in the video and photos and must be at the garage twiddling his thumbs. He already has another plan in is head and will have it all set in a few days. For now, I'm going to relax and just enjoy the quiet moments. The moments that Kyle can't spoil just yet.