Goodbye Tri Point

It's the last day of school. It feels like we just started. Each class had their own final exam. History was hard for me to focus in since Kyle and Tyson are both in the class. It was a tad funny watching them sneaking evil glares at each other while the other fills in another answer.

After a few more classes, I met up with Rachel in art. To our delight, Mr. Pitstern decided not to make us take a final because "this year was a test in it's own right."

As Pitstern simply sat on his desk and fumbled around his computer, the rest of the class took the hour to socialize. It's funny to talk to someone on the last day of school. You know you'll see them next year but part of you feels like you need to say everything at once. So we did.

Rachel talked about her stepdad. I've seen the guy and he does seem like a great father figure. Rachel's dad wasn't a bad guy, but he and her mom were just not happy anymore. She said the divorce was a mutual idea.

I explained how my summer is gonna suck due to the fact that it is one gigantic weekend. Form what I can tell from her giggling, she found it comical.

"What's so funny?" I say already knowing and laughing myself.

She let's out one last laugh and clearly says, "I just love how incredibly lonely you are." I place my hand over my heart and pretend as if I felt it break. "I'm really sorry," she says with a smile.

I chuckle. "Don't worry, I will find a new stunning girl who gives me the time of day."

"Thanks." Her smile slowly fades and she grows quiet. "But, I'm sorry about this year."

I look at her curiously. "You don't have to be sorry for anything." I pat her shoulder.

"I know but I screwed a lot of it up. We started out with me drugged out of my mind. I didn't help with Marie at all. Plus, I couldn't do anything in the storage room."

I grab her hand on the table. "None of that was you're fault. You got to choke out Kyle for a bit. You made some amazing drawings. You got to see Marie have a screaming fit and Carol puke her stomach out. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Thanks, Wyatt." She starts to blush over her pale cheeks. We stand there quietly and motionless for a few seconds. I then feel her hand move under mine as she inches closer to me. She was just a small distance away before the bell rang. I can see the disappointment in her eyes. I wonder if mine shows. I'm not gonna let a drugged out kiss be our only. I push myself forward to her a give the tiniest peck I can on her lips.

She looks shocked while I'm happy to be able to kiss her with a clear mind. "See you tomorrow?" I say.

"Come by whenever you want." She says with the most bubbliest smile I've seen her have.

Due to finals, the school doesn't have lunch. After science, I go to P.E. and meet with Derrick as we give our locks back to Mr. Stone. We say everything we can as we play one last game of basketball.

Derrick went on about San Diego and how Gwen has agreed to go with him. That seemed to be the highlight of his life. I just now compare Derrick to who he was at the start of the year. He went from a simple guy who only cared about getting girls to a contempt guy with a spot on the JV team for him next year and his mind on only one woman.

The final bell rings and we bike ride to the outside of the school. We stop across the street and turn back at the buildings oozing out students. "Goodbye, Tri Point," Derrick says loudly. "May nobody know what a hell hole you are."

We laugh and go down to the intersection. "You ready, man?" I ask.

"Yeah. I got an awesome team with me." He grins and sticks out his hand for the handshake. We do it and the split paths. It is when you leave something that you can measure how awesome it really is.