Pinecone Face

-Percy-

Schist. Late for the first day of school. 'Great Percy' he thought.

He managed to wolf down all his blue pancakes and ran to the bus stop.

Oh shoot. The bus had left.

That's when a car drove up. An old, badly painted, black minivan.

The girl Thalia hollered from the driver's seat. "Get in!"

"Jeez, you don't have to yell it out to the whole dam world." Percy muttered.

"What?" Thalia asked.

"Nothing."

They drove in silence for a while and Thalia was definitely breaking the speed limit.

Then they saw a girl running ahead of them.

Percy said, "Is that..."

Thalia joined in and them saying it together made it even weirder. "Annabeth Chase."

Percy turned to Thalia. "How do you know her?"

"Uhhh, we went to the same school last year. And I think we went for a summer camp too. We were twelve, maybe thirteen. But I didn't stay at the camp too long. I broke my nose when I ran into a pine tree and they sent me home."

Percy snorted.

"Wait, you're pine cone face?" He asked.

"What's so funny, you weren't even there!" Thalia protested.

"Actually pinecone face I was there. A pretty dorky bullied kid who you wouldn't remember."

"Huh. Guess you never know who you'll run into. And I don't remember you but I do remember a boy who got a brick thrown at his face. It was hilarious." Thalia chuckled.

Then she punched him in the arm. "And DON'T EVER call me PINECONE FACE!"

Percy chucked. "Sure thing pinecone face!"

Thalia smiled and said, "Then you're a dam kelp head, okay?"

Percy  snorted. "Yeah, right."

"Oh and the brick boy? That's Jason And I'll introduce you soon."

Thalia stopped laughing.

"Funny. I've never told anyone this but I had a twin called Jason who was kidnapped or something. When we were 3."

"Jeez Thalia I'm sorry. I hope you find him. My friend Jason is adopted and lives with these two people who honestly ignore him, but he's pretty cool about it. Also I'm pretty sure he's not your twin because you two look nothing alike."

"Hmm..." Thalia said.

"Oh there's Annabeth! Call her in!" Thalia said as she pulled over.

-Annabeth-

She was having a pretty good day.

She was running to school when a black minivan pulled over.

Was that... Thalia? As in Thalia Grace? The punk who punched Octavian once? Gods Annabeth had meant to congratulate her but she was... preoccupied.

And Percy. As much as that Seaweed Brain had never kept in touch, neither had she. And she had missed him. She was pretty much a loner in her old school. So that year, her aim was, in the vast ocean of high school, to
'Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Swimming swimming.'

Wait no, just keep going.

She snapped back to reality when she heard Percy's voice.

"Hey Annabeth! Hop in!"

Okay that's all!

I have something EVIL planned for the next chapter!

Beware all the Percabeth shippers!

Word count 588

Hope you like the quality Percy and Thalia time.
The chapter was actually just a filler and the title  is Pinecone Face cause I want to use the song for the more important chapters... probably the last few.

The fan art is amazing fan art that I edited a bit.

Will try and update tomorrow but may not be able to for the next few days...sorry.

Please vote and comment!

Love you all who are reading this right now!

❤️

~Rajita