Chapter 4

The wind wrapped around Maggie as she shivered in the bitter cold. Twigs and leaves crunched beneath her feet as she shielded her head for sharp branches. Darkness surrounded, pulling her closer towards the dark half-burnt house that stud in the middle of the Black Forest. Christopher's car waited patiently outside for its owner to return. A tall man lent against the car door, he was completely engrossed in his phone as she approached. He jumped as a twig split underneath her shoe, before she knew it an arrow bushed against her ear before securing itself in the tree behind her. She furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips before snatching the bow and arrow out of the mans hand and digging.

"Really Bennett?"

"Sorry..." he mumbled before they both let out a small chuckle and returned to leaning up the vehicle. The moon bounced of Maggie's eyes as she turned her head towards the abandoned building. It was beautiful, the bricks were charred black and glass from the windows were long gone leaving nothing but wooden eyes acting as a gateway into the shadows. This was what her mother had accomplished, what she had brought Maggie up to do; yet the beauty of the building was more fascinating than it's story.

Her eyes turned to the front door as Allison slammed it behind her, fury burning in her eyes as she approached the car.

"Congrats!" Bennett smirked at her. She furrowed her eyes at him and clenched her fists in her pockets and she replied.

"For what, it took me two and a half hours!" She sighed as she grabbed the handle of the car door and put one foot firmly on the inside.

"If it helps, it took me three hours when I did it" Maggie laughed as she walked around the car and slid in beside her cousin.

Maggie couldn't have been more thankful as her head hit her pillow. Although her mind was racing her muscles so more than happy to dip further and further into the soft mattress that lay beneath her. She closed her eyes and waited for sleep to take her into its arms, it had been a long time since she had slept comfortably and she wasn't completely convinced that tonight was going to be different.