Chapter 41

"Scott you can't do this!" Maggie shouted as she tried to edge towards her friend, only to be pulled backwards by Isaac. "Let me go"

"You're gonna get yourself killed" he whispered in her ear as held her wrists at the side of her waist. She persisted to struggle only encouraging him to tighten his grip slightly. "I won't let you die Mags"

"Please" she mumbled "I can't let him do this"

"And I can't let you go Maggie"

Slowly she breathed in deeply before nodding softly towards the male wolf, allowing him to carefully let her go as she stopped fighting. His fingers brushed against hers as he dropped his arms to the side of his body and watched Scott drag his Alpha towards the old man.

Scott sharply pulled on the back of Derek's neck, causing him to throw his head backwards and expose his fangs as Gerard slowly lowered his arm into the mouth of the beast. Derek tried to resit as his jaw was forced shut. His white fangs penetrated skin causing a loud groan to escape the old mans mouth as he ignored the family rule and made his attempt at eternal life.

Dark blood began to pour from the bite in his arm, slowly getting darker until an almost black thick liquid made its way down his forearm. Every eye in the room fixated on the strange substance, eyebrows furrowing as they tried to make sense of what was happening.

"What the?" Maggie whispered as she looked towards Scott for answers.

"What?" Gerard asked, turning his arm slightly allowing the bite to come into view. "What is this?"

He turned his gaze towards Scott, anger consuming his face as he spoke "What did you do?"

Scott looked between Derek and Gerard as he spoke " Everyone said Gerard always had a plan. I had a plan too"

Gerard's eyes grew wide as he frantically dug around in his pockets and retrieved a small circular pot.

"Scott wha-"

"No. No. NO!" Gerard shouted as he tipped blue and white capsules onto the palm of his hand before crushing them. "Mountain Ash"

"Again with the magic dust?" Maggie muttered glaring at Scott as Derek stared at him in disbelief. Gerard sank to the floor, black blood pouring from his eyes and nose as he gasped for breath.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you may be an Alpha. But you're not mine" he smirked before the wall behind them caved in, sending bricks flying through the air and debry to shower the building. Maggie covered her eye's with the sleeve of her jacket as dust swept across the room towards her, causing her to lose her balance slightly. The light blue bonnet of Stile's truck came into view as the cloud of dust disappeared, leaving everyone gobsmacked as the student opened his eyes and yelled

"Did I get him?"