chapter 32

They all stood around the cold metal table. An unconscious dog lay on top of it yet each pair of eyes remained fixated on the girl that was once believed to be dead. Her hands hung by her side, her palms sweaty and her fingers shaking. Every moment was only adding to the confusion she already had. Each and every breath she took was one she was never meant to have, and still she remained, inexplicably alive next to her friends.

"When you were bit" Deaton sighed, fingers rubbing across his brow bone "It must have triggered the healing process – fixed your wound" he said gesturing towards her stomach, where a bullet had previously entered.

"But – I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be a werewolf" Maggie breathed, her hands running through the dark hair on her head.

"Neither did I" Isaac said from his corner of the room, arms crossed against his chest.

"Let me show you something cool" Scott smirked, gripping her small hand and pulling her towards the troubled animal that took her place on the cold table. He brushed his fingers against hers, resting them on the fur of the black and white collie. "Close your eyes"

Maggie did as she was told, closing eye eyes tightly and humming to herself. As she took a deep breath her arm began to tingle. Black veins appeared in her finger tips, making their way towards her shoulder as she winced slightly. Her hand began to tremble before she pulled away and watched the lines disapear. As if on que the dog raised her head, looking at the confused girl as she threatened to cry.

"What did I do?" she gasped, running the palms of her hands across the animals soft ears reassuringly.

"You took away her pain" Scott smiled.

"It's okay. I cried when he showed me too" Isaac smirked, the nails of his fingers between his teeth as she bit at them.

"I can do that?" she whispered, her right hand covering her mouth as she bent down next to the animal and cried.

Stiles took her soft hand in his before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her body towards him. She breathed deeply into his neck as she tightened her grip on the worried teenager. His hand once again brushed against her dark hair as he comforted her.

"You're gonna be just fine" he mumbled "I promise"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maggie stood opposite Isaac, sensing his raised heartbeat before he even had the chance to open his mouth and speak.

"They're leaving tonight, Eric and Boyd" he stated "During the game"

"Why are you telling me this?" Scott asked him, his arms firmly crossed against his chest as he stared at the new wolf.

"I'm not telling you. I'm asking you. I'm asking for your advice"

"Why me?"

"Because I trust you"

"Well. No offence wolfie, but we don't exactly trust you" Maggie sighed "And you haven't done anything to show us otherwise"

"Look, you always seem to want to do the right thing" Issac said, his voice just loud enough for her to hear.

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing. Actually, I always have no idea what i'm doing" Scott said, raising one hand.

"And, I really have no idea what the hell I'm doing now" Maggie whispered, rubbing her fingers across her forehead "Are you gonna go with them?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I will" he admitted "I don't have anything else here for me"

"Neither do I" Maggie said, walking towards the door of the vets and pushing it open "But at least I'm not gonna run"