Chapter 11

Maggie brought her cold hand up to her bleeding head in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Before too long the blood began to seep through her fingers as the pain intensified. Her vision began go blur as her eyelids drooped slowly, blocking out any light from the porch of Scott's house.

"Maggie?" styles asked as he watched her limp body fall. He dove behind her with his arms outstretched and caught her just before she hit the ground. "Oh god, Maggie can you hear me?"

Her pushed the loose hair out of her face as he steadied her. The soft skin of her face was now covered in the dark red blood that was dripping slowly from her forehead.

"Yeah. Yeah Stiles I can hear you" she coughed as she sat up on the wet grass in front of him. "Where did he go? Where did Jackson go?"

Her eyes darted around the scenery surrounding her before she scrambled to her feet. Before anyone had a chance to answer her, she darted towards Styles' jeep and dived into the passenger seat. Hastily, Stiles and Scott followed her to the car before they took of down the dark roads after the Kanima.

"Dammit I lost him" Scott said with his head out the jeep window. Stiles glared at his friend, annoyance displayed all over his face.

"What you didn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one" Scott said as he furrowed his eyebrows together in complete confusion.

"Any clue where he's going?" Maggie asked as she turned around in her seat to face the wolf.

"To kill someone"

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now" Stiles said, his voice full of condescension. Both Maggie and Scott glared at him in annoyance before he continued. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense" Maggie let out a small chuckle before turning her attention to the night club in front of them.

"Just help me find it!" Scott snapped.

"Not it. Jackson" Maggie sighed as she examined her surroundings. The cold, damp, cobbled floor beneath her feet stuck to the souls of her boots and the air around them reaked alcohol and teenage hormones.

"Yeah but does he know that?" Stiles questioned, the cogs in his head turning as he slowly put the prices together. "Did anyone else see him back at your house?"

"I mean, I don't think so. But he already passed Derek's test" Scott replied as he sniffed the air and eyed every person that went past.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" Maggie asked.

"Maybe it's like an either - or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson" Scott replied to his best friend as Maggie stared at the window placed two floors high on the side of the night club building.

"Uh, guys. Did you see that?" she stumbled as their eyes fixated on the scaly tale of the Kanima as it snuck its was stealthily into the building. Scott turned his gaze to the que of under aged teenagers trying to fake their way into the club.

"I know who he's after!"

"What did you smell something?" Stiles said looking at Scott in amazement.

"Yeah.Armani"

Maggie followed his gaze and her eyes landed on the body of their classmate and Jackson best friend: Danny.

"Shit" she breathed before running around the side of the building in an attempt to find another way in. The ally to the side of the club was scattered with empty bear bottles and ripped plastic bags. The remains of which were scattered along the gutter. It was a wonder how the area wasn't flooded with sheer amount of rubbish clogging the small drain that was attached to the floor.

"All right, maybe there's, like, a, uh - like, a window we could climb through, or some kind of-" there was a loud clatter and a small gun as Scott forced the metal handle away from the hi he's of the door "-Handle that we could rip off with supernatural strength. How'd I not think of that one?" Stiles stumbled before rolling his eyes at Mollie. Just as she was about to follow Scott through the door, Stiles took hold of her arm.
"Look, I know you can take care of yourself but just" he stuttered as he gave her a concerning look "be careful"

Maggie gave him an encouraging smile before stepping a little closer towards him. She knew he could feel her whole body shaking as he slowly removed his grip from her bicep.
"Stiles" she started, but she didn't get a chance to finish as Scott raced back towards the door.

"Come on!" he ushered before Maggie broke her gaze from the seemingly charming boy and followed them both into the loud club. The second the music began to blast in her ears her heart began to race. Clumps of people surrounded her, knocking her into the next person to enter the teenage in infested hell hole. Her palms began to sweat and her eyes darted around the room in an attempt to find any sort of sanctuary. Stiles noticed her panicking look before taking her hand in his. The heat of his body radiated through his fingers and gave Maggie even the smallest bit of comfort. Even though he was absolutely terrified, he tried so hard to make sure that she was perfectly safe with him.

"Stiles it's too loud" she yelled over the base music.
"I found Danny!" he shouted towards Scott who was staring at the ceiling above the dance floor.

" I found Jackson"

Before anyone had the chance to move 7 adolescent boys were lying paralyzed on the floor at the feet of the other dancers. Screams bounced of the walls as everyone ran out of the lazer light filled building. Maggie ran to the parking lot, Jackson hung over Scott's shoulder before they lowered him with a thud into the back of styles jeep. She threw a knitted blanket over his chiseled naked body as Scott ran off back towards the building. As Jackson stirred on the foe leather seats she climbed up into the seat beside him and rested his head on her lap.

Stiles grimaced as Jackson face lay neatly on top of maggie's thighs. Discreetly, he continued to glance at her in the rear view mirror as he waited for his ware wolf friend to return to the vehicle. He didn't trust that thing back there with her. He didn't believe, even for a second, that just because the body in front of her was human that the kanima wouldn't strike at any given moment.

"I couldn't get anything out of Danny" Scott sighed as she slammed the door of the jeep closed.

"Okay, well can we get the hell out of here before one of the deputies sees us?" Maggie snapped quietly as Stiles dad pulled up in front of them.

"oh great! That's just great!" Stiles said waving his hands in the air in annoyance.

"Just get rid of him!" Scott said, ushering his friend out of the car.

"Get rid of him? He's the sheriff and this is a crime scene Scott!"

"Well do something" she snapped as he pushed Stiles out of the car. Maggie watched as he slowly approached his uniformed dad. Between the shouting of his dad and Stiles desperate attempt to get away, Jackson rose from her lap slightly.

"What's going on?" he mumbled as he attempted to sit himself up. Maggie sighed as she tried to get him to lie back down.

"Sorry Jackson" she whispered as she connected her fist to his face.