Chapter 18

"I... I won't be a part of this" she stumbled as she tried to escape from her grandads clutches. She used her hands to slide her way across the table before pushing herself away and running to the banister of the stairs.

"If you're not with us, you're against us" Gérard stated as he turned and glared at her, disgust dripping from his eyes. "And you certainly won't be my granddaughter"

"Gran-" she began to speak but was cut off by his sharp voice as he yelled at her from across the room.

"I would think carefully, before you choose what you're going to say next"

Maggie nodded slightly, a small frown appearing on her plump pink lips. She wiped away the first tear that threatened to fall before turning on her heel and running up the steep stairs. A thud echoed through the house as she slammed the front door shut behind her and made her way towards the first step of normal teenage life. Of course, to her, normal was injecting warewolfs with wolfsbane but still, a little school work was enough to make her feel slightly like a normal student.

Anger ran through her veins as she made her way across the small embankment just outside of Beacon Hill High School. Every thought in her mind drilled through her skull, her body had finally caught up with her emotions and she found herself sat on the curb, crying into the sleeve of her cardigan.

"Any of you have any idea why no one is getting suspended after last night?" she heard Matt question as he walked towards Stiles' jeep that sat on the curb, slightly down from her. He had a certain urgency about him that Maggie found rather unsettling.

"Nobody was hurt" Scott stated as he shut the door of jeep behind him.

"I had a concussion!" Matt exclaimed.

"Okay, no one was badly hurt" Stiles sighed rolling his eyes in annoyance of the teenager stood in front of him.

"I was in the emergency room for 6 hours!"

"Right. You know what Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high" Stiles said crouching down and placed his hand an inch above the floor "On our list of problems right now!"

Maggie smirked at him slightly as he caught a glimps of her out the corner of his light hazel eyes. Her cheeks turned a subtle pink colour as she wiped the tear stains away from her cheeks with the edge of her sleeve and tried desperately to avoid his beckoning gaze. Stiles gave her a small smile in return, looking fondly at her as he strode towards her; his sudden outburst giving him a shock of confidence. His nonchalant attitude however faded as he broke the two foot distance between them and noticed the pain behind her eyes.

"Oh, hey are you okay?" he asked quickly as his shy and caring side over took over his body. The two just stated at each other for a few seconds, enjoying the company before Maggie unwillingly lied to the charming boy she had always been so curious of.

"Hm? Oh yeah, it's nothing"

He nodded at her, unconvinced before placing a hand on her shoulder and curling his lips to the side in a slight yet uncertain smile.
"You know, you don't have to lie to me"

"I said it's nothing Stiles, I'm fine" she said harshly before her eyes softened and she continued "Sorry" she sighed as she ran her fingers through her lightly curled hair "I'm okay, you don't have to worry about me"

"I'll always worry about you" He said calmy as he wrapped an arm around her delicate frame.