Chapter 10

Maggie's fist pounded on the front door of Scott McCall's house; her knuckles turning red from the sheer force of them bouncing off the wood. Her heart was racing and sweat particles made their way slowly from her air line to her eye rows. Eyes burnt through the back of her head as Derek and his pack made their way across the street behind her. The tention in the air was enough to make anyone who passed by concerned for their safety. Within 10 seconds of knocking Allison had dragged her into the house by the collar on her black t-shirt.
"What the hell took you so long?" Allison snapped quietly as she pulled the curtain slightly over to look outside.

Styles studied Maddison as he closed the door behind her. Her tight black skinny jeans clung to her legs. They were neatly wrapped around her ankles and tucked inside the black boots that protected her feet. The brown hair, usually draped over her shoulders, was now tied messily in a bun on the top of her head and a slick wooden box hung off her once-thought delicate shoulder. Carefully, the placed the box on the floor and opened the latches on either side to reveal a small jet black hand gun.
"I went to get this" she smirked as she retrieved it and pointed it at the door. Her one eye was closed, using the small circular bulls eye as a guide for her target.

"Holy sh- what is that?" Stiles said, he had a slight hint of fear in his voice but his eyes showed nothing but excitement.

"This is my hand crafted Aconitum lycoctonum clock 19 power pistol" Maggie smirked as she admired her favorite weapon.

"Okay and what the Holy hell is that?"

"It's a deadly wolfs bane" Allison explained to Stiles as he examined it.

"One shot from this, and a ware wolf will be down for hours" Maggie said as she tucked it carefully into the back of her jeans.

"Well that's wonderful and all but what happens if you miss?" Stiles said, his voice filled with concern. He wasn't sure why he had such a strong instinct to protect her. She was definitely stronger than him and could easily take more damage but every inch of his body wanted nothing but to ensure her safety. Maggie let a small chuckle escape her mouth as she cocked her head to the side and smirked.

"Oh, I never miss"

"Okay then, I have an idea. Let's just shoot one of them. We told Scott we could protect ourselves so let's do it" Stiles said with a shaky voice. His face was filled with sheer determination but his eyes were swimming in fear.

"Which one?" Allison asked, pushing the curtain to the side and examining the competition.

"Derek. Shoot him. Preferably in the head"

"Okay if Scott can catch an arrow I'm sure Derek can" Allison pointed out.

"Fine shoot one of the other three"

"you mean two?"

"No I mean three" Stiles said in a panic as he rushed to look outside "Where the hell is Isaac?"

Maggie felt sharp nails penetrate through her shirt and into her skin as she was lifted of the ground and thrown towards the kitchen. Every muscle in her body tensed as she hit the hard wooden floor. Her head connected with the bottom of a cabinet as she landed sending a stream of blood down the side of her pale face. Isaac stood over her waist as he crouched down. He was an inch away from her face. He could hear her heart beating out of her panicking chest. He smirked. His eyes turned a golden brown. Slowly he raised his clawed hand and brought it down towards her already blooded face. As she sharp claws skimmed her cheeks she raised her sleek gun to his chest with a shaking hand. She braced herself as her finger added pressure to the trigger for the first time.

He shot backwards and through the kitchen wall before turning back to his human form. Screams of agony escaped his mouth. Maggie scrambled to her feet and stumbled, landing back in her previous position. Stiles crawled towards her limp body and attempted to hold her up.
"Are you alright?" he quivered, his voice shaking as he wiped her blood from her face with his sleeve. She nodded in response as her eyes connected with his. She could feel his soft fingers gliding across her forehead as he tended to her wounds. Calm hazel eyes flickered back and forth between her eyes and her lips. His hand began to tremble slightly as he moved it towards her cheek. She could feel his warm breath on her skin as he began to close the gap between them.

Quickly she broke her gaze as Scott threw Isaac and Erica's bodies out onto the grass in front of Derek and Boyd. Maggie latched onto the kitchen counter as she hauled herself up of the floor, giving a soft glance as Stiles as she walked past him towards the front door. Her hand brushed the back of his knuckles, sending a shiver down his spine as she passed him.

"I see why you keep refusing me Scott. Your not an omega. Your already an alpha of your own pack" Derek shouted from across the street. "But you know you can't beat me"

As he finished talking a loud screech echoed from above. Over the lip of the roof, the end of the kanimas scaly tale rocked back and forth in the cold night breeze. Its head rocked backwards as he exposed the two rows of incredibly sharp teeth hidden in his mouth and his eyes began to glow bright yellow.

"Would someone tell me what the he'll is going on?" Lydia yelled as she stormed out of the house towards them.

Everyone's eyes darted to the roof in sync as sudden realization washed over them.

"Oh my god" Maggie breathed. "It's Jackson"