Chapter 23

Maggie watched as Lydia poured the red punch into the clear plastic cups and handed them out to the guests that Scott had managed to persuade to attend the party. A fake smile was plastered on her face, attempting to convince others that the red head was perfectly fine and sane but Maggie new the whole facade was false.

With a deep sigh Maggie pushed her back against a beam of the house. She could see Allison by the pool, consumed by her sadness as she tried to secretly watch Scott.

"Scott, are you gonna apologize to Allison or what?" she spat out without realizing how harsh it had sounded.

"Why should I apologize?" Scott retorted, his eyes brows furrowed and his fists clenched.

"Because you're the guy. It's what we do" Stiles said shaking his head at the angry werewolf.

"But I didn't do anything wrong!" Scott protested, throwing his arms in the air in frustration. Stiles smirked at his clueless friend before speaking.

"Then you should definitely apologize. See, anytime a guy thinks he hasn't done anything he's definitely done something wrong"

"Well, I'm not apologizing" he stated, downing the contents of his glass.

"Is that the full moon talking?" Maggie asked impatiently as he crossed her arms over her chest.

"Probably. Why do you care anyway?"

"Oh I don't" Maggie said chuckling and taking a rather large sip from the red liquid contained in her cup.

"Well I care! Scott, something's gotta go right here. I mean, we're getting our asses royally kicked if you hasn't noticed" Stiles started ranting "I got my dad fired. You're gonna be held back in school. I'm in love wi-"

Stile stopped speaking. He dared not look at the shocked girl who stood less then a meter in front of him. "My jeep" he coughed "I'm in love with my jeep"

Maggie furrowed her eyebrows at the gorgeous boy before she noticed a familiar figure stood at the opposite side of the pool. She recognized everything about her. The soft brown hair that fell into waves and dropped down past her chest. Her green eyes that seemed to pierce straight through you. There was no doubt about it. It was her.

"Mom?"

Maggie couldn't breath. Every instinct in her body was telling her to run and yet all she longed to do was run into the arms of her only parent. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she carelessly made her way around the pool, slipping occasionally on the damp bricks bellow her.

"Mom?"

Her hands were shaking. She kept calling her but she didn't answer.

"Mom?"

Eventually she found herself screaming.

"Please!" She threw herself towards her mother, grasping hard onto her shoulders as she did so. "How could you leave me?"

Before she could answer Maggie was thrown away from the figure, landing in the center of the chlorine filled pool. The shock of the water sent shivers down her spine as she struggled to climb to the surface. Three seconds. She had already been down there three seconds and she still couldn't breath in fresh air. The water in front of her harshly separated as a hand shot down towards her, intertwining their fingers together and tugged her out of the pool.

"Maggie look at me. Look at me. You need to snap out of it!" Stiles's voice echoed as her body was shook back and forth.

"What the hell is going on?" she mumbled softly, tears mixing with the chlorine that dried onto her face.

Really enjoyed writing this chapter! 

Please keep commenting and voting on this story so I know that people are enjoying it!

-Al