Chapter 14

'Know thy enemy'. It was something her grandfather had always said to her. In order to defeat an enemy you must know everything about them; something Maggie was never really good at. The whole family 'code' seemed ridiculous to her. It was almost like, if you weren't an Argent you wouldn't be protected; and Maggie didn't like the idea of her friends not being protected. Carefully she studied the books that sat on the oak library shelf in the hope that at least one book would posses some kind of information in its contents. Her fingers traced the old leather binds as she strode slowly down the aisle. She stopped behind Scott and Stiles as they selected a random book of the shelf and began to flick through the pages. Stile's shoulder brushed hers slightly as he moved closer towards the gap between the dusty books. Maggie could feel her cheeks turn a slight shade of pink as he gave her a soft smile.

"This is everything Lydia could translate" Allison said as she passed her black tablet through the slight gap on the shelf. Scott took it out of her hands quickly as he checked to make sure no other student was watching them. "Trust me, she was very confused"

"Yeah, what did you tell her?" Scott asked as he began to scan through the words written on the screen.

"That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures" she snickered as her and Scott shared a slight hysterical glance.

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures" Stiles stated, an annoyed expression displayed on his face as he rolled his eyes at his friends. Maggie placed her hand on his shoulder comfortingly as she questioned her cousin.

"Does it say how to find out who's controlling him?"

"Not really but Stiles was right about the murders" Allison stated as she watched Scott, who was still reading through Lydia's translation.

"Yes!" Stiles whispered yelled as he punched the air in excitement.

" It calls the kanima a weapon of vengeance. There's a story in there about this South American priest who uses the kanima to execute murderers in his village -" Alison began to speak as Stiles interrupted her.

"See, so maybe its not all that bad"

" Until the bond grew strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to." Allison continued.

"All bad. All very very bad" Stiles stated as he redacted his last statement.

"Here's the thing, the Kanima is supposed to be a werewolf but it cant be" Maggie sighed as she ran her fingers through hair freshly washed hair." Until it resolves that in its past which manifested it."

" Okay, if that means that Jackson could use a few thousand hours of therapy, I could've told you that myself" Stiles sighed as he placed his hands in his pockets.

"What if it has something to do with his parents? His real parents?" Allison suggested "Lydia might no something"

"What if she doesn't?" Stiles asked as he began to lean against the bookcase.

"Well, I'll talk to him myself" Maggie replied as she picked her bag up off the carpeted floor and began to make her way out of the library. Stiles watched as she tucked her hair behind her eat and glanced back towards him. He opened his mouth to speak but instead just smiled at her as she disappeared from slight.