Confession.

Clem's POV.

Y/N and I go down a path, presumably towards the meetup point that Mike mentioned. After what went down at Howe's, my concerns for my best friend are through the roof at this point. Carver cutting his face, seeing Kenny nearly beaten to death and shooting Troy in the... "Men's area." Not saying that He didn't deserve it, it's just that I never thought Y/N would just shoot someone like that with no hesitation. I'm just scared that he might just burst and I might not be able to help him. I look at him and he looks really tired.

Clem: Are you Okay? Do you wanna stop?

Y/N: I'll rest once we get there. It ain't too far.

Clem: How do you know?

Y/N: I just know! Okay?

I was taken back by his outburst. He noticed and sighed. He looked and sees a boulder. He goes to it and sits down on it. I sit next to him.

Y/N: I'm sorry, Alright?

Clem: It's okay. It's not the first time I was shouted at.

Y/N: Yeah your right. I just hope everyone made it out okay.

Clem: I'm sure they did. We're smart people. We can figure out how to get there.

Y/N just nods at her response and looks down at the ground with a frown. We sat in silence for a moment until I broke it and said.

Clem: I know this isn't the best time, but why did you shoot back there?

Y/N sat up and sighs in sadness.

Y/N: I...I saw my dad.

I look at him surprised at what he said.

Clem: But, isn't he-.

Y/N: Dead! I know, but...He was there, as a walker. *trembles* Just staring at me with those white eyes. I couldn't let him to continue to stare at me. So, I stop him from doing that...*sniffs*

Clem: Y/N...

Y/N: *cries* First he was in my nightmares, now he's haunting me when I'm not sleeping. What the hells the matter with me, Clementine?!

Y/N started to cry. So I embraced him into a hug and he sobbed in my shoulder. I patted the back of his head and shushed him as I rocked back and forth.

Clem: I can't explain what sort of phase you're going through right now. But I know one thing.

Y/N: *sobs* What's that?

I made him look at me with my hands on his head and said.

Clem: You're doing whatever it is you think will keep me, yourself and the rest of us safe. Even if it includes killing someone. I don't know what is happening to you right now, but I know your still the same boy I met two years ago on a farm. And nothing will change who you are.

Y/N then wipes away some tears and looks off into the woods.

Y/N: How did I get so lucky to have a friend like you, Clementine?

Clem: I could ask you the same thing.

We both chuckle a little at this and sat in silence until we heard a twig snap down the trail. Y/N and I stood up and he aimed his gun in the direction of the sound, while I held out my hatchet.

Y/N: Who's there?

The sound got closer and it was Jane and Rebecca.

Rebecca: Oh thank god! Are you kids okay?