15: The Queen's Blood

• this whole chapter gonna be in moonjumpers POV. Oof. And because of that, it's all in italics hooray- •

I hear a loud gasp, and a dull thump.
"My queen!"
She lies on the barrier, gasping.
"She...she..."
"Hush, my queen." I conjure an orb and see what we have been dreading; Snatcher pulling the girl into a kiss.
"No!" I hiss. I turn to my Queen. "I cannot leave you here!"
"No..." she whispers, "you must...leave me here...soon...she will be no problem..."
"My queen...."
"No. You must..."
".....of course....."
I take the orb, my chains clinking.
"Of course, my Queen."

I look into the orb, seeing the two cozied up in his armchair, chatting.
I crush the orb angrily. She will not ruin this, I think. I warned him...now its time for him to pay the price.

I conjure some red puppet strings, and cast them down. They are the only things that can bypass the barrier keeping me and my Queen in the horizon.

The strings float down, wrapping around a tree branch.
I turn my back, flying back to my Queen.

"Moonjumper," she gasps. I can see her getting weaker. "Hurry..."
"My queen...."
"No," she interrupts, "hurry....."

Almost immediately I feel a tug on my strings.
"No need, my Queen," I smile. "We have a taker."
I summon another orb, expecting to see a minion or a dweller wrapped in the strings, but instead I see a small child wearing a purple top hat. "Interesting..."
I whisper a command into the ball, and see her face contorted with shock as her body lurches towards the mushroom house.
"Straight face!" I hiss. "Faster..."
(Hat Kid abuse!)
I see the fear in her eyes as she realizes she's lost control of her body.
"Don't panic," I whisper. "Now, say what I say."
She arrives at the house. The girl and Snatcher are cozied up together reading.
"Hat Kid!" says the girl. "I'm back!"
"Y/N!" I whisper into the rib, seeing her lips move as she parrots my words. "Come quickly! Somethings wrong with Kiwi!" I watch the look of worry spread across her face.
"What's wrong with her?"
"I don't know! I was in the Village, when she came and started writhing around! I've never seen her do that before!"
Y/N widens her eyes. She stands up and turns to Snatcher. "I'll be right back, okay?"
Snatcher looks doubtful, but responds. "Okay... I love you."
"Love you too." She kisses him on the cheek.
The Queen lets out a low gasp of pain.

I whisper another command to the puppet. "Take her to the clearing,"

As the girl follows the puppet, the picture in the orb flickers. She's fighting, I think.

They arrive at the clearing where the barrier is weakest. Here is the only place I can escape the horizon. I release the strings, crushing the orb. The girl in the hat collapses.
"Hat Kid!" gasps the other girl.
"I warned him, you know." I say, floating down into the clearing.
Her eyes widen in shock. "Wh-who are you?!" she whispers fearfully, backing away. She crashes into an invisible wall.
"Moonjumper, at your service."
"Okay, sure, but why am I here? What did you to Hat Kid? And...when can I leave?"
"You're here because...well, let's say your love is destroying mine."
The girl gasps.
"And as for your friend, let's say I have no need for her any more.
"However, I don't think you'll be able to leave - in one piece, that is. You see, I'm the only one who can decide that.
"Soon you'll be no problem for my Queen, and we can live happily ever after..."
"Your queen? Who- wait. No. That's impossible...."

• sorry this chapter was shorter. I was suffering from Writers Block, it went away but came back before I had could write anything aaahhhhh
Anyway we have a pLoT tWiSt hooray-