Nightmares & Sandwiches (10k Reads Special!!)

• First off. Thank you so, so, SO MUCH for 10k reads!!! I never thought I'd get this far! I honestly don't know why y'all read this or why you enjoyed it so much, but I guess it's not so bad. It's weird to me how my crappy fanfic I wrote because I needed a distraction got so many reads! Also, thanks to the person who commented the idea for the second half, I wish I could credit you but I forgot your @ ..... sorry qwq- Anyways, you know who you are, and everyone, enjoy this mess! •

Y/N's POV

The swirling white mist surrounds Y/N, the icy air seeping through her skin and freezing her to her core.

She swallows and calls out "Hello?", her voice echoing eerily. Y/N takes an uneasy step forward, the snow-covered floor crunching under her foot. The mist settles on her shoulders, and Y/N notices that the mist is in fact thousands of tiny snowflakes.
She calls out "Anyone there...?" Almost immediately her uneasy feelings grow and suddenly she is filled with a strange fear, and she starts to run, not knowing why or where, just knowing she has to run.

Suddenly huge spikes of ice burst from the ground in front of her, shooting up to the sky. More spikes surround her, enclosing her into a freezing circle with a single entrance. A cold giggle rings out far too close for comfort, and an all too familiar black shadow stalks through the opening, her red eyes piercing through the snowflakes.

"I've finally found you again~!" Queen Vanessa giggles, reaching a black claw towards her and grabbing her by the neck.
Y/N gasps for air as the claw tightens, her body slowly going numb as a layer of ice creeps over her.

"You won't escape this time!" Vanessa gloats, her eyes glowing even brighter. Y/N let out a final gasp for air, her eyes falling shut....

...and flying back open. You sat up, gasping. Once you caught your breath (although you never threw it- yes I did just reference that.) you sighed. You'd been experiencing the same nightmare for the past two weeks, and although you'd think it would get old, it's always as though it's the first time again. Always the same. You had started to expect it, and yet every night it was the same feeling of terror.

You felt a cool breeze on your legs, and realized you're on the couch, not in your bed.

Makes sense, you thought. The last few nights you'd been trying to stay awake all night as to not have the nightmare. Unfortunately you hadn't quite managed it yet, but it still took a toll on you.

You swung your legs off the couch, deciding to head down to Subcon Village and hang out by the fire spirits' bonfire.

~~~~~

You trudged down the path towards the Village, shivering in the cool breeze. A few Subconites ran through the trees to your right.
You reached the bridge that lead to the ruins of Vanessa's manor. A sudden chill ran down your spine as you remembered the dream again and you turned away, walking slightly faster.
You finally arrived in the Village, and took in the warmth of the bonfire, the captivating dance of the spirits, the tree trunk houses....

~Time Squip~

The Subconites, while great company, were also very.....exhausting, and after a while you found yourself almost asleep, your eyes continuously falling shut, only to be thrown back into the ice circle with Vanessa's black, icy claws clutching your throat, your chest constricting, the fear crashing over you like a tidal wave. You jerked awake again and again, mumbling a vague agreement to something a Subconite haf said, and then the whole process repeated itself.

Eventually you decided being in the Village was doing more harm than good. You could barely function, but you managed to focus your remaining energy into the trek back to your ship....