17: History Lesson

• hey!! Thanks for 800 reads! Seriously though, I completely missed 500 reads and now I have a single idea which is for this chapter. I did say my writers block went away but it's back :( anyway at 1k reads I'll see if my brain has chugged out any new ideas for a special but I can't promise anything. I'm putting in a new ship, regardless. Hooray! I'm stalling. I have a semi-formed idea. Anyway, you'll be getting shorter chapters at a slower pace due to writers block. Sorry again. Ok this note has reached 90 words I need to stop stalling enjoy the chapter- •

Hat Kid's POV

I groan, opening my eyes. My eyesight is blurry and I see a vague outline leaning over me.
"Where am I? Wh...what happened?"
"She's awake! Oh, thank God!" An all too familiar voice rings in my ears.
"Hat Kid!" gasps another voice. I think it's Y/N...
"Ouch..." I rub my throbbing head.

Yet another voice speaks. I recognise this one instantly. "Y/N, kid, leave the kid in peace. She'll need a few minutes to recover. Probably has a headache."
The two colourful figures leave my line of vision and are soon replaced by a dark shadow with a few glowing shapes.

"Snatcher!" I gasp. "What happened...?"

"Later. I need you to tell me what you remember. It's very important..."

"....I don't remember much. All I remember is getting tangled in those strings...then a voice told me to go to your house. I didn't want to but my legs just started moving on their own.... and then he told me to say what he said. It was horrible, I couldn't control myself...then I was at the clearing. And now I'm here."

In the time I'd taken explaining what happened my headache was slightly better and I could see a lot better.

"What happened to me?" I ask.

"I should probably explain everything from the very beginning...back from when I was the Prince. That's when this started..."

"You know already that I realized how obsessive Vanessa was, and is. So I left for law school. Only some part of me still loved her. It was willing to forgive her. And when I died, my spirit....split. One half determined to be Vanessa's Prince again, the other determined to stay as far away from her as possible. I'm sure you can guess which one I am. The other half is Moonjumper. Before any of you three came here, before anyone came here, he used to nag at me constantly, trying to persuade me to reform the Prince. Eventually I'd had enough, so I trapped him in the Horizon.
He's able to trap people up there with him, and use his strings to take control of anyone who gets caught in them. Of course, still loving Vanessa, he was angered by my feelings for you, Y/N. So he tricked you, and I think we all how that happened.
Now, Hat Kid, I'm sure you're a bit confused by this. The thing is, we never killed Vanessa. Moonjumper pulled her into the Horizon at the last second. When Y/N came back, it apparently directly harmed Vanessa. I can only guess as to why but I think it's something to do with Vanessa's ice powers. Moonjumper didn't take Y/N into the Horizon because he knew it would most likely instantly kill Vanessa.
Chances are, he'll come up with a new plan soon and he won't rest until...."

"Until I'm dead." finishes Y/N.

I can see clearly now, and sit up. Y/N is standing by the armchair next to...
"Mustache Girl?!"

"Hey." she says sheepishly.

I rub my head even though my headache has gone. "What are you doing here?"

She looks at the floor and clears her throat. "I just wanted to apologise for what happened. I'll go now..."

"Mustache Girl! Wait!"

I try to get up, but fall down again.

"Wait! Come back..."

"Don't worry Hat Kid, I'll get her," Y/N reassures me, racing off.

"Is Moonjumper really going to kill Y/N...?" I ask Snatcher.

"Not if I have to anything about it." he answers. I can tell he means it.

"What will you do?" I ask tentatively. "Will you...."

Snatcher laughs bitterly. "I can't. He's my other half, and one half can't live without the other."

Y/N and Mustache Girl arrive at the door. Mustache Girl looks energised. "So, what's the plan?" she asks eagerly.

"I gave her a little pep talk. You'd be surprised what I found ou-" Y/N teases, earning a punch in the arm from a bright red Mustache Girl (from now she's MG because I'm too lazy to write out her name)

"Hey, MG," I say, opening my arms wide. "C'mere."

She obliges nervously. I pull her into a big hug, and after a second she hugs back. "Friends?" I ask. "Friends." she replies happily.

• awww! They made up! Can you guess the new ship yet? Also I'm just trying to chug out some new chapters so yeah. Also, yesterday morning when I started this part I had 700 reads, and that evening I had 806. It was crazy lol. Anyway I have a vague idea of what I'm doing now. Hooray! •