16: The Meeting

I just realized that not everyone will know what moonjumper looks like. I assume most of you do, but some peeps might not so I put a picture. That's the reason in case you were confused:) •

Your POV

"Soon you'll be no problem for my Queen, and we'll live happily ever after..."
"Your queen? Who- wait. No. That's impossible."
"Oh it's perfectly possible. You see, I was able to save her from your feeble attempt by simply pulling her into the horizon."
"But...if you can do that, why trick me?"
"I fear that would kill my Queen instantly."
"K-kill her?"
"As I said, your love is harming mine. Your very presence is hurting her."
"....you do know she doesn't really love you, right?"
"LIES!"
Moonjumper glares at you.
"You just don't get it, do you? Everything was perfect before you came along! No one here needs you, and no one wants you!"

"Now, we all know that's not true." You and Moonjumper turn your heads to the entrance of the clearing, seeing Snatcher hovering there.
"Snatcher!" you gasp.
"What are you doing here?" snarls Moonjumper.

"Moonjumper, you really need to stop possessing people, especially humanoids. I took one look at the kid and realized what was happening. I didn't stop you because, I'll admit it, I was curious. I followed you here. Honestly, how could you possibly think your plan would actually work?"
Moonjumper scoffs and is about to retaliate when an unfamiliar female voice says "I came here specially to make up with Hat Kid! Why won't you tell me where she is?!"
Snatcher groans. "Why did you follow me? And to answer your question, she's right there!" He points to Hat Kid's unconscious body.

"Woah. Um...what's going on here?" A girl steps out from the shadows. She has blond hair in two plaits, secured by turquoise beads. She wears a pale red dress with a purple stripe in the middle and a red hood over her hair. You notice almost immediately that she has a moustache.

"Who is this?!" Moonjumper demands.

"Some kid," sighs Snatcher. "The one pretty much destroyed this reality."

"Hey, that's not fair!" interjects the girl. "I was corru-"

"Yeah, yeah, you were corrupted, yada yada yada. Now scram, we have important stuff to discuss." interrupts Snatcger impatiently.

"Hey, how come she gets to stay but I don't?"

"Because I'm actually trapped in here." you say.

The girl raises an eyebrow and opens her mouth, but Snatcher intervenes. "Okay, Mustache Kid or whatever your name is, if you're gonna stay, you gotta be silent. And I mean it."
The girl shrugs. "It's Mustache Girl, but whatever."

Snatcher turns his attention back to the clearing. "Seriously though Moonjumper. How did you think killing Y/N would make me want to be the Prince again?"

"I never meant to kill her. Torture her, sure. But I'm far too refined to actually murder someone."

"Since when is torture better than murder? And anyway, don't you remember what happened when she left? If she were dead it's only be worse. Plus you're the only being in this Forest who would gain from her death so it wouldn't be hard to figure out who did it."

"You do realise what she is doing, right? She is killing our Queen!"

"Your queen. I have no more interest in Vanessa whatsoever. Now let her go."

"Only if you reform the Prince with me!"

"Let. Her. Go."

"Only if you reform the Prince."

"LET. HER. GO." shouts Snatcher angrily, blue potions appearing around his head.

"You're lucky I can't take her into the horizon. And we won't give up so easily next time!" shouts Moonjumper, disappearing into the sky. You reach out towards the entrance, relieved to see the barrier is gone.

Almost immediately Mustache Girl rushes into the clearing, kneeling beside Hat Kid.
"Hat Kid!" she says, worried. "I'm sorry about everything....I didn't mean for it to get so out of control!"
Hat Kid's eyes flutter, aand she murmurs "It's okay. I forgive you..." before immediately passing out again.

You run out of the clearing, throwing your arms around Snatcher. He hugs you back, picking you up. "Let's get back." he says, smiling. "Okay," you reply happily.

~~~~~~~

In the horizon Moonjumper watches Snatcher pick up the girls and leave the clearing bitterly. He knows the gravity of the choice he made. He knows it could cost him his Queen. And yet he still let her leave.
He knows this decision will come back to haunt him in some manner.
In the meantime, he should take care of his Queen.
She needs him now more than ever.
She needs the Prince now more than ever.

• hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was shorter again, I know. But I added a new ship. Hooray. You'll see later on. I have big plans now. Yeah. This is the worst note like ever. I dont care though. Yay. Actually I love writing this mess. I'm glad you enjoy it. Also my autcorrect is so glitchy. Hmmm. •