19: Final Showdown (Part 1)

wow 1k reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also nuuuuu finale part 1😭 oof. Um. Has anyone guessed the ship yet? All will be revealed in the next few parts :) I'm thinking 1 or 2 parts, at most 3. Oof. Also every part is gonna have one if those pictures with the name. Yay. And the finale is all third person with no POV. Nice. Let's go tho- •

"We need a plan." says Snatcher. "Moonjumper can see our every move, and Vanessa is cunning and manipulative."

"Vanessa is also dying." interjects MG.

"Good point. But I wouldn't put it past Moonjumper to find some sort of cure. Moonjumper's power alone is actually a vulnerability. If he were to possess one of us he would be.... well, vulnerable."

"So, we need to be prepared for Vanessa as well as Moonjumper." clarifies Y/N. "Vanessa has ice powers, right? So we need fire."

"Oka- wait, hang on." Hat Kid's eyes widen. "Guys! I just realized something!" she says slowly.

"What?" asks everyone at once.

"I dont think we need fire. I think we just need Y/N. Think about it, the whole time Y/N was here Vanessa was fine. But when Y/N came back, with Vanessa in the horizon, and suddenly Vanessa is dying. Which means-"

"I'm Vanessa's weakness." interrupts Y/N excitedly. Her excited expression is replaced by a frown. "But before I left, Vanessa was already in the horizon. What about that?"

"What if...snow gives her energy?" says MG.

"And before Y/N left, she could still survive away from snow, but..." starts Snatcher.

"...when I came back, I damaged her because she'd been away from snow too long!" finishes Y/N.

"What the peck..." gasps MG, looking out of the door.

"The forest...." murmurs Y/N.

Snatcher and Hat Kid join the others at the door.

Mile after mile of red string floats down from the sky, covering almost every inch of the Forest. Dwellers and minions run around, panicking. Soon after white flakes float down, accompanying the strings.

Hat Kid catches a flake. "It's...snowing."

"Vanessa...." mumbles MG.

"Guys...? I think we have a bigger problem on our hands..." says Y/N, clearly panicked.

As more string falls, countless dwellers and minions get caught. One at a time, they turn their heads towards the group of four and start trudging over.

"Moonjumper's creating an army!" gasps Hat Kid.

"We need to get to the clearing. Now!" Snatcher says.

Hat Kid draws her umbrella. "Sorry, guys, but you give me no choice!" she says grimly into the mass of puppets, fixing a badge to a fancy hat with a visor. She disappears and reappears in the throng, and starts attacking. "Time stop hat." breathes MG.

Hat Kid disappears again, this time reappearing atop a tall stump, fixing a second badge to her hat. She fires a red laser, attempting to clear a path but the puppets fill any gaps she makes. MG notices a red string dangling above Hat Kid's head. "Hat Kid! Above you!"

Hat Kid looks up and promptly disappears, reappearing in the throng fighting again. She disappears and reappears in the house. "It's no use." she pants. "They're too quick."

"Snatcher, can you take us to the clearing?" asks Y/N.

"I can try. But its harder if I'm carrying people, so we might not get all the way there." Snatcher says, snatching (see what I did there? yeah.) the other three and the diary entries, ignoring MG's indignant squeaks, and dives into the ground.

They resurface somewhere in the forest, the canopy obscured by red string. "I warned you..." Snatcher gasps.
"Okay, you stay here and catch your breath while we look for the clearing." says Y/N sternly. Snatcher looks indignant and tries to say something, but Y/N silences him with a kiss.

"Guys? We found the clearing!" calls Hat Kid.

"Coming!" Y/N says loudly.

"Gotta let me go now, huh?" Snatcher teases, floating after MG and Hat Kid. Y/N rolls her eyes and follows.

As they arrive in the clearing, they notice the ground is covered in snow.

"No doubt about it," says Hat Kid. "Vanessa is very much alive."

"Right you are, child!" a familiar voice calls from the treetops and Moonjumper floats down, followed by Vanessa. Her red eyes seem to be duller than usual, and as she floats she winces. The moment her feet touch the snowy ground her eyes brighten again and she straightens up.

"The idea came to me when I saw you leave the frost zone!" Moonjumper says. He narrows his eyes. "What were you doing there, anyway?"

Snatcher takes a deep breath and says "We were gathering proof."

Moonjumper laughs. "Proof of what?"

"Your so-called queen's obsession."

"Obsession? What obsession?" Moonjumper looks back and forth at Snatcher and Vanessa.

"He's lying!" hisses Vanessa angrily.

At this Moonjumper hisses and shouts "LIARS! ATTACK THEM!"

A loud thumping and rumbling fills their ears and they turn to see a small crowd of puppets surging through the trees towards the clearing.

"Oh peck," gasps Hat Kid. "This will be fun..."

• PART 1 COMPLETE! yay. Mhm. Hurrah. So it's all gonna be done next part. Maybe an epilogue. Probably not though. Oof. •