•°•Going to the Past•°•

I stepped into the cold, quiet room with only the whirring of the machines in the room breaking the silence. I knew if something did go wrong, I had my small backpack containing money, snacks, and a pair of shoes. If I was lucky, I could get some clothes. I felt a hand rest in my shoulder. "Y/N, you don't have to do this.." My mom said. I nodded.

"I want to feel apart of history," I explained. I looked at the scientist and nodded. He slipped the watch on me and set it to 1989. "It's a bit loose," I said.

"I can't tighten it anymore," he replied. "Just... don't lose it." I nodded and stood on a platform. I saw a tear roll down my mom's cheek. And you can't be here, Dad. He left when I was young. I never knew him. "Sending you in 5!" Someone yelled at the computer. My mom looked like she was about to burst. "4!" I looked around at the world before I left. "3!" I looked back at my mom. "2!"

"I love you..." I managed to hear her say.

"1!"

"I love you, too.." I said and felt a great force pushing at me. I hit the floor and groaned. I sat up and saw trees around me. I got up and looked around. I could see what looked like a school in the distance. I started to walk forward and heard a crunch. I grabbed my wrist. "Where's the watch.." I lifted my foot up and saw it spark before dying down. I dropped to my knees and picked it up. "No, no!" I cried. I dropped it and felt defeated. My only way home was now gone.

I scooped up dirt until a small hole was formed. I threw the remains of the watch in and buried it. I walked to the school and saw a empty field in front. "I can live. I know how to fight if someone decides to murder me." I heard a bell ring and I waited a second before a flood of kids came rushing out of the school. I tried to blend in and wondered if I could borrow a phone. "Shit, this is 1989! Pull it together!" I walked around a group of boys and heard a thud as soon as I walked by.

One with glasses had fallen into a boy with curly hair. There were four older boys surrounding them. "Bitch, this isn't my fight," I said to myself. "But they are a bitches so.." I walked up to one with blond hair and kneed him in the dick. "Fuck off," I said, flipping them off. His friends rushed over to him. They just glared at me. "Come on, motherfuckers! Fight back! Oh wait, I'm sorry. You can't 'cause I'm a girl!" The kid I kneed (I'm not sorry) just glared at me before they walked away. I turned around to face the group of boys that I helped. "You're welcome for saving your asses." The boy with glasses just looked at me.

"Who are you? I've never seen you but you are a badass." I rolled my eyes.

"Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"Doesn't ring a bell," the curly haired one replied. I slowly backed away.

"Woah, woah, woah!" The boy with a fanny pack exclaimed. "Explain who you are!" I groaned.

"Follow me," I quickly said and raced away. They looked shocked but quickly followed after. I sat down at the edge of a forest and they sat down beside me, panting. "I'm a time traveler and-"

"Stop right there!" Glasses boy (we're calling him that) interrupted. "Is there flying cars?"

"Richie, I don't think the f-future is that a-a-advanced." The stuttering kid looked at me. "A-are there?" I shook my head.

"I'm from 2020 and I was sent back to see if it works. I broke the machine and now I'm stuck." Richie clapped until the boy with a fanny pack elbowed him. "Well, I told you my name. Yours?"

"I'm Richie," Richie said. "That's Eddie, Stanley, and Bill." I nodded.

"Since you know a lot, you don't mind if I stick around?" I asked, praying they would say yes.

"F-fine with me," Bill replied. The others nodded. I smiled.

"Thanks! If you don't mind asking, do you have any plans today?" I questioned. Bill nodded.

"We're going to th-the sewers." Oh. "The sewers aren't far from where we are now." He got up and led the way to the sewers. Not really what I expected in 1989 but ok. 1989, going to the sewers, looking for who knows what. We could be looking a dog honestly and I'm fine with that. I'll look for a animal any day.

Bill took out a flashlight and handed one to Richie than grabbed another one for himself. "What are we doing anyway?" I asked.

"L-looking for G-G-Georgie," Bill stuttered. I looked at Eddie to see if he could explain.

"Georgie died in October. Bill still believes he's alive," he whispered.

"So I'm in a group with an insane person?" I asked. He just shrugged. "Great." Bill and Richie stepped inside the dark sewers. I just looked grossed out. I stayed right outside the sewers with Stanley and Eddie. I took my backpack off and searched through it. I took out a box of goldfish and zipped my backpack closed. I slid my backpack on and opened up the goldfish. I popped a goldfish into my mouth and Richie just stared at me. "Want one?" I asked.

"No thanks?" He said. "Why are you even eating at this time?"

"I'm hungry," I responded, eating another one. I watched as they walked further away. Bill stopped and picked up a shoe. "Who's shoe is that?" I asked.

"Don't tell me..." Stanley said. Bill shook his head.

"G-Georgie wore galoshes," he said.

"Who's sneaker is it?" Eddie asked. Richie walked over and shined his flashlight on it.

"It's Betty Ripsom's," he replied.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Some girl who went mis-" Stan started to stay but was interrupted by Eddie.

"Oh, shit. Oh, god. Oh, fuck! I don't like this."

"I don't know what's happening," I said, finishing the last goldfish.

"How do you think Betty feels? Walking around in these tunnel with one freaking shoe?" Richie joked.

"Richie, just stop," I said, putting the empty box in my backpack.

"You know you wanted to laugh," he said to me. I shook my head. "Don't lie to me!" I jumped at the sound of a splash behind us and turned around. A boy, bloody and bruised, in the river. Richie ran out and looked at him. "Holy shit! What happened to you?"