Regrets

*DIPPERS POINT OF VIEW 

~~~

Bill took over my body all night, and when he finally got tired he released it back to me. I couldn't make it up the stairs even. Before I crashed on the couch, he gave me a warning.

"Listen Pinetree, I'm letting you live here for my cover only. The longer I can go without Sixer knowing, the better. And, of course, I have leverage. The second  he finds out, Shooting Star will be the one who pays. Keep that in mind. I don't care if you tell him or he figure it out. This isn't a deal. Its a promise." He hisses, turning red for only a moment, than he disappears with a pop. I close my eyes, and fall into a restless sleep, and he didn't even come while I did.

"Dipper. What are you doing down here, and why are you all bloody?" Mabels voice wakes me. I quickly make up a story, and its not far from the truth.

"I had a nightmare about Bill, and went to the kitchen to get water, but I saw a fork out, and I panicked. I dove sideways and hit my stomach. Its not bad though, but I couldn't get upstairs so I crashed down here for the night. Don't worry about it." I tell her. She helps me clean it, and I got out of chores for the day thanks to Grunkle Ford. I slept the day away, until just before dinner, he came back.

"Well Pinetree, I need to borrow you for a few hours. Make an excuse and lets go." Bill says impatiently. I scramble into clothes. Its really creepy, but he watched me do it, so I'm glad I slept with underwear on.

"I don't think I can Bill, its almost time to eat, and-" I start.

"Silence!" He screams, turning red. I hear Mabel outside.

"Dipper, is everything Ok?" She asks, slowly opening the door. Suddenly I'm ejected from my body.

"Yeah, Shooting-, I mean Mabel. I was just about to go on a walk. I think I heard the, erm, Hide-behind!" Bill manages to get out of my mouth, only because I'm right behind him, correcting him as I go.

"Ooh, can I come?" She asks. I panic. If I say no, she will know somethings up! But if I say yes, she will come and find out about Bill!

"Well, Mabel, I guess. But I don't think you'd like this episode to Dippers guide to the unexplained. We, er, I am going to find the Hide-behind if I can, then I'm going unicorn hunting, and I know you don't want to see that, so-" Bill starts.

"I HATE unicorns! They're so snobby! PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU!" She pleaded. I gulp, and whisper to Bill. An evil smile stretches across my face for a moment.

"Oh, did I say unicorn? I meant mermaid. Sorry." I hear him say, as if its a common mistake.

"Dipper, you can't!" her eyes widened.

"I won't hurt them, just study them for science. Grunkle Ford asked me to. You know, take blood samples, study behavior, the works." He lies smoothly. I know she is thinking about her crush from last summer.

"Oh, ok then. Just make sure to let them go, alright? Hey, is there something wrong with your voice?" She asks me/Bill.

"No, Shooting, I mean Mabel, its just a bit of puberty. Hey do you remember when Stanley sat you down thinking you were me and gave you the 'talk' ? So hilarious!" Bill jokes. She looks sick and runs away. I know how much she hated that.

"Bill, please don't do that to her." I try to float in front of him, but he walks right through me.

"Hmm. Make you another deal Pinetree." He grins. I gulp.

"I don't want to make anymore deals." I say.

"Now, just hear me out. I get your voice and eyes when I take over, and I'll leave Shooting Star out of this as much as I can." he says.

"Not good enough. You can't hurt her, scare her, bully her, or do anything I wouldn't do to her. " I state plainly, crossing my arms.

"Pinetree, do you know what I could do? I could just wait for her to find me out, after all, I don't sound or look quite right, do I kid? And when she finds out, she'll go tell sixer, and Shooting Star will be extinguished. Expired. Dead. My deal. Take it or leave it kid." he grins. His blackmail wins.

"I hate you." I say.

"Oh, the feelings mutual kid. Deal?" he asks me. his outreached hand alight with blue flame. I hold out my own, shaking.

"Deal"