40: 50 Days Celebration

Timothy and his wife cross the sea by riding a boat. Umarkela lang sila ng simpleng kahoy na bangka at tao na magmamando ng de motor na bangka. All of their baggage are behind them.

Nakaupo sila sa malapad na kahoy na ipinako lang sa magkabilang gilid ng bangka. They could have just rent a speed boat but Rhein insisted na simpleng bangka na lang. Aside from they will save more money, gusto din kasi ni Rhein na mejo magtagal sa dagat. She's been missing the sea breeze, kung minsan nga ay inilalaylay nya ang kamay to feel the freshness and coldness of the sea water.

"It's so beautiful here." Rhein mumbled while admiring the calmness and blueness of the sea. She close her eyes and let the air soothe her skin.

"Yeah... It's so beautiful." Bulong ni Timothy habang nakatingin sa asawa. Rhein opened her eyes and she swing her head to side, becoming face to face with Timothy.

She look adorningly straight to his eyes at ganon din si Timothy sa asawa. Wind blew stronger, nililipad ang kanilang mga buhok dahil sa lakas ng hampas ng hangin.

She curved her lips. Even her eyes are smiling. Makalipas ang ilang minutong pagtitigan, Daniela Rhein whispers, "thank you."

Timothy used his fingers in collecting her hair strands that are flying in front of her face. He tucked the strands behind her ear and he replied, "I just did something that I should do as your husband."

Rhein remained silent after that. She simply lean on Tim's shoulder, close her eyes and made herself feel safe and warm beside him.

After their breathtaking ride across the sea, the boat reached ashore. Timothy carried Rhein to the dry sand then he helped the old man in unloading the bagges.

250 pesos ang usapan nilang bayad sa may-ari ng bangka but Tim closed it to 300 since the ride was more than  worth it's origib price.

Tim was the one in-charge of the heavy luggage and Rhein took the light ones. As soon as they enter in the resort, two men welcomed them. Sinabitan ang kanilang mga leeg ng bulaklak na kwintas and then take the bagges.

Both Tim and Rhein are wearing floral outfits that matches the colors of the flower necklace. She wore a sleeveless and low-neckline dress and waterproof flat shoe while Tim is fully clothed with buttoned shirt, corduroy short and crocss.

Nagcheck-in ang mag-asawa for two whole days. Dalawang araw lang kasi ang pwedeng ibigay kay Daniela na day off. As long as they can spend time together in a great place, okay na kay Tim. Although kung sya ang masusunod ay gusto nyang isang linggo silang magbakasyon.

Since they arrived afternoon, nagpahinga na lang sila parehas sa kwarto nila. There are two seperate beds because room for two ang cabin na kinuha nila.

Because she is too exhausted due to their long ride from Manila to the Mapascua Islan, when she lay down on her bed ay agad syang nakatulog.

It's already six thirty two in the evening when she gain her consciousness back. The room is dark, silent and cold. She grabbed her phone and check the time. She groan after knowing that she slept for three and half hours. She turn on her phone's flashlight and then hinanap nya ang switch ng ilaw.

Their baggages remained unpacked. Mga nakabalandra parin sa sahig ng kanilang cabin. Wala din si Timothy sa loob at mukhang kanina pa sya wala because nothing seem to change. Kung ano yung nakita nyang set up ng kwarto when she fell asleep, yun din ang nadatnan nya when she woke up.

She stands up and then grabbed her personal soap, tooth brush and toothpaste from her bag's pocket. Nagtootbrush muna sya saka naghilamos. She dried her face using her very own towel. She put on a press powder and a little bit lipstick.

Kinuha ni Daniela ang kaniyang balabal at ibinalot nya ang katawan dito. She ignored their unpacked belongings and exited their cabin. Hawak ang cellphone, she remember na hindi pa pala nya naaabisuhan ang ina dumating na sila sa isla ng ligtas and in one piece. She send a quick message to her mom and dad na alas tres sila nakarating, that they are sound and safe.

Daniela roam around the resort. Malawak ito at napakadaming cabin at iba't ibang open structures kagaya ng beer house, restaurant, souvenir shop kaya hindi nya alam kung saan hahanapin ang asawa.

Sobrang malamig at malakas ang hangin sa isla kaya hinigpitan nya ang hawak sa balabal. The thin fabric is useless kung tutuusin but at least, it covers her bare skin.

Dahil hindi mahanap ang asawa, Daniela decided to go back to their cabin. Papasok na sana sya sa kuwarto nila pero may batang babae namang kumalabit sa kanya.

"Hi." Daniela greeted. Ang naging sagot sa kanya ng bata ay isang pulang freh na rosas.

Daniela accept the rose, she's about to go in pero may itinuro ang bata. Tinignan nya ang lugar na itinuturo ng batang babae and nothing seem to be there. While looking at where the kind was pointing her finger, bigla sya nitong hinawakan sa kamay. The kid escorted her and then left at their midway. To the spot where the kid pointed out, may isa pang bata na lumabas from behind the tree. A boy this time holding another red rose.

Daniela smiled. Muling may itinuro ang bata at nagpaulit-ulit ang kaparehong pangyayari. She walk to the spot that the kids pointed out, at that place another kid is waiting with a fresh rose. She monitored the number of roses and the children. May mga bata na tatlong beses na nyang nakita. Over all, at the end of the pattern, she was able to gather 49 roses.

Tipon-tipon ang lahat ng bata sa ika-49 na flower. They are all pointing one spot.

Nilakad ni Rhein mag-isa ang lugar na itinuro ng mga paslit. With all the walking, bahagyang nawala ang lamig nya.

Her foot brought her to a floating pavilion, ang itinuturo ng mga bata kanina. Sa bawat sulok ng pavilion ay may mga kandila na nasa loob ng mataas at pulang lalagyan para hindi mamantay ang apoy dahil sa lakas ng hangin. There is a dinner set up, may kandila din pati sa table. Tapos ay may marahan din na musika na tumutugtog na hindi nya alam kung saan nanggagaling. May mga lobo ding puti at pula na nakatali kada kanto ng lugar. The wind is blowing them pero nakatali naman kaya hindi lumalayo ang mga lobo.

Behind of one of the four huge pillar of pavilion, lumabas si Timothy na may hawak na puting rosas.

There is a wide smile on his lips.

Rhein cover her mouth. Gustong gusto na nyang umiyak dahil sa sobrang tuwa.

While Rhein was 3 hours asleep, minadali ni Timothy ang preparation para sa surpresa nyang ito. Yes, he is equally tired, but he wanted to make his wife happy kaya hindi nya ininda ang pagod na nararamdaman. He will do anything just to make her happy. He is willing to do every little thing para kay Rhein. Watching how she react on the surprise, all his efforts, his tiredness and restless was completely paid off.

Lumapit sya kay Rhein at iniabot ang huling bulaklak na bubuo sa 50 pirasong rosas.

Along with the rose, Tim said, "today is our 50 days of marriage. Happy 50th days with you Rhein."

Tumulo ang luha ni Rhein sa sobrang saya. She couldn't speak. She is highly aware that it is indeed their 50th day as husband and wife. Pero hindi nya i aakala na Tim is monitoring it as well.

"Every single day of being your husband is my pleasure and blessing." He added.

Rhein accepted the last rose. Kaya pala 49 roses, because Tim will complete them. Just like how he made her feel complete right this moment.

Daniela hugged him tightly.

"I'm so happy, Tim!" She burst out while crying her heart out. "You are making me fall hard in love with you every single day." She could not restrain her loud bawl.

Tim gave Rhein the same intensifying embrace.

He replied, "it's okay to fall hard because I will always be at the bottom to catch you."

Although it's not a direct “I love you” and “I love you too” lines, they know it means deeper and greater than that.

Tim bent a little lower and he brush his thumb above her bottom lips before claiming it passionately.