Forever December: Chapter 11: Gifting

*Forever December*

*Chapter 11*

"Mommy, have you ever been confused?" I whispered, wrapping my arms around my mother's waist as my head nuzzled against her stomach. I hadn't cried. I was dried of tears. I'd lost my best friend for kissing him, and I lost my boyfriend for running after Roxin. This was wonderful.

"Yes, baby. I have." She whispered into my ear. April was out with Evyn. She'd dragged him out to go shopping, which he wasn't happy about at all. But, Christmas was coming soon(actually in three days), and April needed a girlfriend to go shopping with. That girlfriend was Evyn.

Saturdays came and went these days. Without Roxin around, I was basically a statue. I'd ignored all of Parker's calls. I didn't want to see him. Not now. My pregnancy was progressing faster than I thought. By the time I was four and a half months, I was twice as big as I should have been. What was happening, I didn't know. But the doctors said I had only one kid in my stomach. Maybe I was just fat.

Most things passed me by quickly. Everyone was in the Christmas spirit. My father was usually at work - that's how it went, being a lawyer. He worked all day and had no time for us. It wasn't a surprise that he had to work on Christmas....

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Baby, you have to get up and get going again. You're going to be a mother," she whispered, running her fingers over my cheek, "you have to grow up, before your throw up." I laughed at the quote. The fact that I threw up every other minute was one thing, but the fact that I was still a kid inside, was another.

"I don't want to, mom. All I am is a dirty hoe. I kissed them both. Who the hell am I to do something like that?" I shook my head slowly and ran my fingers through my hair. My mother sighed and pushed me off of her. My head landed on the couch on a soft cushion.

"You're none of that, now stop this December Maree Turk. You know, I went through this, but I didn't get damn pregnant until I was married to your father. You here? Now, if you love this guy, go after him. He's the father of your child, for Christ sakes." With that, my mother turned around and left.

Great. Just great.

I pushed myself up off of the couch. My mother right...like always. The truth was, I didn't know who I loved. Did I love Roxin? He'd been my best friend for as long as I could walk. I'd always thought of him as my brother. The cute boy that lost his baby fat, and became the handsome man he was now.

No, I couldn't think about this. He was nothing but my friend. I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I turned the water on, and let the steam fill the room. I breathed in the soft vibes as the sound of the water pattered against the doors of the shower. I stripped and stepped in. I smiled at my stomach. I hadn't decided on a name yet - hell, I didn't know if the kid was a girl or a boy. I was hoping for a girl.

I took a seat, slowly. Of course, my mother had made me go with her to deliver gifts to people around the neighborhood. One of those houses happened to be Roxin's mother and father's house. Just what I needed.

"Dee, baby, please get that box. It's light, it won't hurt you." I groaned and pulled the box into my arms. It was as light as a feather. Oh yes, the pregnant lady got the boxes with nothing in them. I smirked as my mother rang the doorbell.

After looking out the crack of the door, Roxin's father stepped out of the house. He smiled at my mother, though his smile faded when he saw me. Like every one else, his eyes darted towards my stomach. I rolled my eyes. "I see you haven't had the baby yet. God be with you that you have a healthy one, child." He smiled at me after taking the gifts. He pulled me into a hug as Roxin came down the stairs.