Chapter 17

When the phone rang, I looked at it and couldn't help but smile.

»Ji! How can I help you, friend? «

» See you later? There would be time later so we can discuss everything again. «

I briefly looked around

»What do you think if we meet in Brooklyn in a few days? There is a small Café in which we will have the tranquility of being able to talk about everything. I have some things to do, but I'll tell you everything. «

» Okay! It's okay. We do it like this. «

Looking softly into the distance, I took out my cigarette and put my phone in my pocket. This time it would succeed. This time the world would not spin on a Shahrukh Khan. He will fail, perish and lose everything. I raised the collar of my jacket looking around me and left with a firm smile on my lips.

Looking at us with an icy gaze, the world seemed to have stopped spinning. I just listened to her breathing and felt her heartbeat against my chest. I still had her. Kajol was no longer doing anything against it. She just looked at me with those beautiful eyes. For a moment I thought everything was going to work out. But I had underestimated Kajol.

Her breath burned on my lips and made me lose my mind. I grabbed her by the hair and pulled her fully to me so that our lips finally touched. It wasn't a kiss ... I wasn't craving ... In the chaos of my mind, I felt her strong hand on my cheek.

Scared of her reaction, I pulled away. I had made a big mistake. I should never have taken advantage of this situation. I looked at Kajol ... Her eyes filled with tears. What was he doing? I took a step towards her, but she immediately fled.

» Shit! «

I screamed at full volume. Without thinking, I free the counter with my hand, throwing the plates and glasses on the floor. Immediately some servants entered looking at me with concern. But I wasn't interested. I had to get out of here immediately.

When I got to Mannat I went straight to my office. I didn't want to see anyone, much less talk to anyone. On the way back I felt guilt turn to anger. What did Kajol think who she was playing with? Of course, I kissed her. I missed her so much. My longing could no longer be expressed in words. I was looking for her too much for weeks without a reaction from her. I never wanted to ignore or hurt her. But her stubbornness was incredible. I leaned on my desk and looked out the window. I had to accept that our paths would no longer cross in the future. The time had come when I had to focus on myself and my career. I had a few days before my journey to a new life began. And yes, I was happy. After what had happened today, I was sure that I had made the right decision.

My sister had brought us home. I was still completely upset. How could he do that? Why did he take advantage of the situation in such a way? How could I have been so wrong about him? I just didn't understand Shahrukh anymore. I took my son to bed and went back to the garden. I needed air. Just thinking about Shahrukh caused a strong lump in my throat. How had I been able to achieve so much in my life and feel so lonely at the same time? I looked up at the sky and hugged myself for some warmth. My eyes filled with tears and I carefully sat down on the floor. What had I done wrong in my life to be punished in such a way? I brought my knees closer to my body and put my face on them. I had to allow the pain in my heart. Otherwise, I would never accept this loss.

The days passed and I had everything ready for my trip. I had packed everything, and it was going to be the night of the Filmfare Awards. Anxious I hoped to reunite with my children, the new project and a new stage in my life. I hoped that time would help us heal the wounds that this love had left in my heart.