Chapter 25

I carefully opened my eyes. The sun illuminated the room warming our skin. My gaze lifted looking up to see how Shahrukh was sleeping. For a few minutes I did not take my eyes off him, as if I were inhaling every movement and every breath. I had missed his presence so much and needed him more than ever in my life. Little by little I released myself from his embrace and got up from the bed. I took a few steps to the window and looked out. Everything seemed so peaceful. The mist touched Mumbai like cotton wool, while the sun's rays pierced it like hot knives. I opened the window and took a deep breath. The cool morning air entered the room causing Shahrukh to wake up step by step.

***

I looked in the direction from which I had felt the cold seeing Kajol in the sun. Seeing her warmed my heart. I got up carefully and took the steps toward her. She only looked at me for a moment turning around again. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her close to me. Kajol snuggled against me as we both enjoyed the sight of Mumbai awakening. Tenderly, I reached for her cheek and kissed her. Her skin felt cold.

»Baby? «

Kajol turned without leaving my hug

»Mhh«

»How are you? «

***

Shahrukh's question brought me back to reality. There it was again ... The fear of fear. The feeling of tightness in the chest. I was in the hospital ... For a moment I had forgotten. For a moment I felt good ...

»Shahrukh, I don't know what's going on." They do not want to discharge me. They have done thousands of studies but have not yet presented any results. «

Without responding, he gently pressed my head against his chest. I felt their worries and fears, but for the first time in months, I also felt the strength to fight it. I wanted to have my life again ... I wanted to laugh, dance, celebrate ... I wanted to live ...

With a jerk I pulled away from Shahrukh who was looking at me in surprise.

»I appreciate you coming to help me, but I think you also have some obligations and here you are wasting your time. «

My words made my heart ache. How could I say such a thing? How could I hurt the only person who loved me so much? Why couldn't just enjoy him being here? - I was just trying to protect myself.

Shahrukh glared at me. His eyes darkened and he gripped my shoulders tightly.

»Now listen to me. I will not let you hurt yourself or the people who help you. We are all here for one reason only ... I got on the plane and traveled half the world just to be with you. I love you Kajol! Nobody wants to hurt you. I want to grow old with you. And if you were not so damn stubborn, you would finally see this. I have always put you above everything. You are my life! Without you there is no life! Kajol please ... I love you. I will just get out of this hospital with you. We will accept every fight and we will win. Ultimately, we will live our love. No matter who opposes us, we will succeed. «

I looked at him and felt tears fall down my face. His words were the ones that opened my soul and let him in forever. I could no longer defend myself against that. Shahrukh was my destiny, that I wanted to live now.

I approached him cautiously, my hands gently touching his face.

»Shahrukh, I love you more than you think ... more than you can feel ... and more, than I can put into words! «

Without another word, our lips touched as our souls met forever.

***