Chapter 5

Shahrukh took my hand and helped me up. We stopped nose to nose. His breath touched my skin gently. I closed my eyes and enjoyed that unique moment. We had met again. And this time we would do everything right. Without experiments or games. Only the two against the rest of the world.

»Kajol?« I heard his voice, but I didn't want to interrupt that moment. I wanted to make it my thing with every breath.

»Kajol?« At the same moment Shahrukh lifted my face and I opened my eyes. I saw how he smiled with happiness.

»Yes«, I sighed ... I knew what he was going to say to me now, so I closed my eyes again and waited for reality to reach me, destroying my moment.

»Kajol, I don't want to, but we have to go. Before someone sees us together.« I nodded softly and pressed myself against his chest. One last time, I wanted to hear and feel the beating of his heart. I was happy, but I couldn't replace the dark clouds. How should it work now? We should find a way ...

Carefully, I pulled myself out of the embrace and put my lips on his. A brief and soft kiss, but full of so much love that felt in every fiber.

The days went by and I tried to focus on my life. We had daily contact but not the opportunity to see each other. We wrote every day and spent nights on phone calls. It was as if we had met again. I enjoyed his courtship around me. His shyness when I told him my fantasies. Even on the phone, I felt him blush. He watched over my dreams and when I opened my eyes I saw that he, too, had fallen asleep. We were closer than ever. We talked about our dreams and fears. Never in all the previous years had we spoken at this level. We couldn't be together at this time because we were separated by two worlds. But even that fact didn't prevent us from loving ourselves in such a way. A love that couldn't find words. A love that we only felt so intense.

Shahrukh had left India for a few weeks to finish his film. I dedicated myself to my projects and enjoyed the time to the fullest. I was happy and relaxed. When my mother suggested that I go on vacation for a few days, I accepted immediately. The days with her would do me good. Again and again I asked where we wanted to fly. But my mother only answered me

»Kajol leave me that decision. I just want to spend a few days with you. Wear light clothes that will be hot ... «

In the middle of the night we headed to the airport

In the middle of the night we headed to the airport. Although I didn't know where to go, I trusted my mother and I was happy. When the first rays of sunlight touched my skin gently, I opened my eyes and noticed that I had fallen asleep on the plane. I looked for my mother, but she was also sleeping. Tired, I raised my watch and noticed that I had slept 2 hours. Where would we go? I carefully stroked a lock of my mother's face as she gently opened her eyes.

»Kajol?« I smiled softly and nodded.

»Kajol, have we arrived?« How should I know? I looked at her inquisitively.

»Mom, if you tell me where we're going, I could give you an answer to your question.« My mother tapped me lightly on the shoulder. But we both had to laugh. That's what I enjoyed. Just being a girl with her mom.