Day 20 ( Control ) Prt. 2

Lotus' Pov

I received a call from my parents. Them calling to tell me that I had a job offer from them as they go out for the night, which was probably a couple of hours. I kept reminding myself that my boyfriend, Rurik, had been coming home in two weeks.

I hope I get payed for this. I told myself, and began to text my mother.

Once my mom got my text. Sending me a 'thank you'. He's never been thankful for something from me before. Back then he use to complain I did it too much. But, now? He seems better than he was then.

He was thankful that I was giving him the chance to prove that he could love and care for his children. Or well, child. Since I am no longer living at home. 

I'm just surprised that child protective services didn't come knocking on our door from the years worth of me coming to school looking worn out, distraught, and well, mentally disturbed. But, more or less, most of the scars were inflicted by me.. Some of them were from my Palette, I mean-- Rurik, and some of them were also from my mom.

When I was a kid, my mother abused me to the point I was terrified of him. Coming home was something I hated doing. So I would go to my haunts, (place where I felt safe) and always getting scowled at just because I 'didn't come home on time' which caused even more beatings.

My mom, Geno, thought all parents did that to their children. But let alone, he thought wrong, once he understood what was actually causing me to stop coming home, was when dad had the 'talk' with him

And, no, I don't mean what you're thinking. I mean the 'being a responsible parent' talk.

He came out and actually talked to me about it only a few days ago.

I understood. 

Did I? Probably and probably not, it was fifty, fifty. I just wanted him to prove that he could care for a newly born child.

Raven was playing with his toys in his playpen, laying on the mat, bringing the toy to his mouth to begin biting it. Earning Reaper to smile.

"Now, now. Toys are for playing with not chewing on."

Raven bites the toy further, giving our father a curious look. Nibbling on it gently while he stared up at him. Kicking his feet a bit due to feeling happy.

"His teeth are probably sore. Give him his rubber ring to chew on."

I had packed a few things for the daily trip to my parent's house. Rurik had taken the car, so it left me to transport myself in front of their door through my magic, remembering my father had the same ability. Knowing he is Death, and I am his son, he understands my soul all too well. Or what was left anyway. I was thankful he talked to my mom about changing how he treats me. It shows me there is high hope for the future.

Gross. I just had to think about that now of all times. I scowl at myself through my mind.

I knocked on the door gently, and entered.

"Look at who it is. It's your big brother." Geno, my mother, says. Raven had been hiding in his playpen.

Continuing to play with his toys, I walked into the room. Settling my bag onto floor where I placed my boots.

"So, you headed out?" I ask, my mom nods lightly. Holding my face and kissing my skull, causing me to cringe on the inside. "Mom, I'm not a baby anymore. Stop treating me like I'm still a kid." I said. My mother just looked at me and gave me that once in along time toothy grin that I haven't seen in years. "Sure, to you, you're not a baby anymore. But to me you'll always be my baby." he replied. I couldn't help but chuckle, cringing a bit to how cheesy that sounded.