• 20 •

Jimin couldn't think straight, mind in a daze. He chest felt clouded, like he couldn't breathe anymore, heart pounding at an unbelievable pace.

He tried to make it seem like nothing was bothering him, the servants passing by him would sometimes stare in concern, but he'd just shrug them off with a forced smile.

He managed to make his way out of the palace to the darkening courtyard, and that's when he let out a shaky breath he didn't know he was holding back. He was gasping for air, as if he went through something terrifying, yet it was only a kiss.

A silly, little kiss. It shouldn't be that bad, right? The thing is, that silly, little kiss, was shared with a man, a prince at that. And the fact that Jimin accepted it had his mind racing with the consequences that would resolve due to what he did.

He didn't have the time to think about how much the kiss made him feel all tingly inside, how it had his heart blooming and fluttering along with the butterflies in his stomach. The only thing he could think about right now, was how all of this was considered forbidden in their world. It simply, wasn't, right.

His hand landing on the palace wall when he started feeling dizzy. He took a deep breath, calming himself down so he could actually think for a minute.

"Did I really just.." He ran his fingers through his brown hair with his free hand, unable to finish the sentence until it was choked out of him. "Kiss Jungkook.. a m-man.." He shivered at his next words. "And enjoyed it..?"

"Jimin?" He turned following the voice. Taehyung was the one who spoke, making his way closer to the older. "Are you alright?"

"Yes yes I'm fine." Jimin gave him a reassuring smile, removing his hand that supported him away from the wall and stood up straight.

"I've been waiting for you for a while and on my way back to check if you were ok, I see you like this? I don't think you're fine, Jimin." Taehyung raised an eyebrow, arms crossing over each other.

"Really, I'm okay." Jimin placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. He thought if Taehyung looked into his eyes long enough, he could see the lies. So he quickly stepped away. "What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Taehyung didn't speak for a while, still not believing his friend, but he decided to just bring it up later. "Come."

They walked deeper into the palace gardens, it wasn't like the royal garden back in Fortair, it was a lot less luxurious and elegant, but still very beautiful and calming to the soul.

The sky already became a dark shade of blue, the only light illuminating their path was the bright moon above and the lights coming from the palace not too far behind.

"I found someone, Jimin." Taehyung looked up to the sky, smiling to himself. Jimin pauses, eyes drifting from the ground up to Taehyung's darkened features, waiting for him to continue.

He looked down, eyes locking with Jimin's. "I'm getting married." He said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Jimin's eyes widened. "To who?!"

"A woman i met back during the battle of which the late prince passed away in, She was one of the nurses on duty."

"A typical soldier and his nurse love story." Jimin chuckled, smiling up to his friend. "I'm happy for you, Taehyung. Really. But I'm disappointed that you're only telling me this fantastic news /now." He frowned.

Taehyung laughed, throwing his arm over Jimin's shoulder. "Well, if you sent me a letter asking how I was, maybe I would've told you." He shrugged. Jimin jokingly rolled his eyes, Taehyung had a point there.