Ereri- Christmas Presents (1/2)

Pffff... Updates... But seriously I'm so so sorry for not updating anything else lately, I'm a shitty person who can't manage her time properly. Also I had exams all this week soo... Yup. Once again, I apologise from the bottom of my tea stained British heart.

--------------

The soft sounds of boots against freshly fallen snow was the only thing heard through the half empty town, the street lamps gave the frozen rain an orange, unearthly glow, while most people had retreated into the warmth of their homes, one boy walked away from his, his warm breath coming out in puffs in front of him. His phone rang, the urgent beep filling the long void of silence. He answered, which he regretted instantly.

"Eren, get your ass hom-" Eren hung up, letting out a sigh, he continued walking, ignoring his father's demands. Eren had a idea where he could go, so he just kept walking, his phone rung several times, he just turned it off, he walked through alleyways, darkened streets and snow covered roads until a familiar house came into view. Both his toes and fingers were numb, he hurried to the poorly lit porch. Eren gently knocked on the door, he knew the owner would still be awake, no matter what time, Eren knew that he would open the door to anyone.

"If that's you again shitty glasses, I will cut yo-" The man was cut off when Eren practically threw himself at him.

"Levi." The name was sobbed out, hot tears fell down Eren's cold face, leaving burning trails on rose hinted cheeks. Levi wrapped his arms around Eren, closing the door with his foot, he let Eren cry, slowly rubbing circles in to his back. Eren's cries subsided after a few minutes, they both now laid on a sofa, fingers and legs intertwined.

"What happened? Why were you crying?" Eren sniffled at Levi's questions, his head was buried into Levi's chest, he didn't want to talk. He shook his head, hoping Levi would understand. He did.

"We'll talk later, okay? Get some rest." Eren nodded, his eyes were half closed already.

"Hai Heichou." he murmured as a soft kiss was placed on his head. Sleep came quickly, Eren's dreams were full of people he loved, one in particular stood out. His dark raven hair was styled into an undercut, his bangs falling over dark and bored grey eyes. A frown was on his face, as always, only this seemed more, much more broken. ((edit: I realized how confusing this was for my friend so... the italics indicate Erens dream. kay?))

"Eren..." dream Levi spoke softly, his eyes looked sad. He stood closer to Eren, gently taking his hands into his own. Eren's heart pounded in his chest, his lungs constricted causing his breathing to come out in short uneven puffs.

"Levi... Are you okay?" Levi nodded, his eyes remained downcast.

"It's... It's o-over." it took a moment for this, whatever it was, a sick dream or an even more twisted reality, to sink in. The relationship, if that's what it was called, was over. They were no longer one person, just two people who, he guessed, stopped loving each other. One questioned burned its way to Eren's mouth. The question over used in his life. It was too cl

"W-why?"

"I... I don't love you, anymore." was all that he was given as a reply, a small peck on the cheek was given by his former lover, and with that Levi walked away, into the bright white of Eren's sick and twisted dream. He awoke breathing heavily, his eyes tearing up at the empty spot besides him. He bit back a sob, he had already cried too much for one night. Now was not the time to question the stability of one's relationship.

"Tch... I leave for one minute and you're crying again. Please don't do that. You'll make a mess over my pillows." Eren couldn't have been more relieved to hear an insult in his life. The thought of losing Levi, even the slight inkling that it could happen, horrified Eren to no end.