Chapter 27👑

It's a long one!
Hope you'll like it.
Thanks for all the love on the last chapter.
I love y'all!

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

When I received Adda Anee's call I stayed for a minute not knowing what to do or how to react.

Afterwards I couldn't exactly say what happened. All I remember was trying to rush to the hospital faster than I could ever imagine. Indeed, I remembered heading up to my room to pick up a veil, shoes and money incase I'll need it. I ran out of the house forgetting about the existence of the drivers until I heard them trying to get my attention, asking if everything was alright as at the time I was already hailing a cab.

Knowing that I'll get to the hospital much faster with either of the drivers, I ran back inside and called up one of them who quickly ran to reach to the car before I could. Yes, I know I probably look like a mad woman running to and fro but they didn't seem to mind. Even if they did mind, they didn't let it show.

I'm pretty sure by now the news of my marriage with Prince has already got to them and the last thing they would want is get in the bad side of Prince for saying something bad about his soon to be wife.

But now, it's not the time to talk about weddings or Prince, it's all about my Ummi.

Maybe I should call and inform him about it.

I quickly got in the car panting a bit while the man revved the sleek Mercedes to life. He turn on the air conditioning system and I silently thanked him in my head, I needed it after my little marathon.

"Where to Amyrah?" he asked not turning back to look at me.

"The hospital" I simply answered looking out the window as he drove out of the house, "And please hurry up"

He nodded and didn't say a word to me again which I'm grateful for as I wasn't in the mood for talking. After contemplating for a while, I decided to call Prince. I'm sure he won't be so happy when he found out she has woken up and I didn't inform him, earlier will be prove to that theory.

I quickly picked up my phone and swiped up to the contact log and searched for his number which I saved as 'Prince'. Only when it started ringing did I remember Ya Faruk informing me that Prince has left for a meeting he has at work.

Maybe I shouldn't call him. He might still be I the middle of his meeting. After three rings, I decided to just end the call since he is in meeting. But as I was about to do that, he picked it up.

"Assalamu alaiki" his deep voice came in his normal assertive tone confirming my thoughts that he is in a meeting. I could hear faint voices of people in the background saying business related stuff.

His voice did something to my inside as it churned, my words suddenly got stuck in my throat as I gulped quietly, "Erm Uhm Wa alaikassalam" I finally said something that makes sense. I know he could detect the nervousness in my tone as my voice trembled as I spoke.

"Bella, is there something wrong over there? Or are you just trying to be a good soon to be wife by checking on your husband" he teased enjoying how I'm struggling to calm my erratic heart and trust me, his words aren't helping at all. And he knew that.

"Aren't you in a meeting?" I changed the topic hoping he'll not tease me any more than he already has. Somehow, this time I managed to make my voice come out bolder than earlier.

He chuckled, "I am. I have to admit, you're good at acting like a good soon to be Mrs. should" he said in a tone full of humor. Something tells me he's not paying attention to his meeting anymore.