Chapter 4; Feathers and Soulmates

Hawks woke up before his alarm and looked around at his new apartment. There was one single box sitting on the coffee table filled with random shit he had thought was nessesarry. This included some articles of clothing that he still hadn't put away, but he couldn't name anything else in the box.

He looked out of the window down the street. He still remembered what happened four years prior on that street. He still wished he could have saved that boy. He always blamed himself for it, trying to imagine how bad the flames must have felt burning at his skin. Hawks shook his head quickly fighting away his thoughts. Looking at his phone, he concluded he still had an hour or so, so he decided to take a shower.

Today he had another night patrol, so he wanted as much sleep as possible, but decided that hygiene is more important. He stood under the water doing nothing for a few seconds, just letting the water run down his back and wings. He gave his wings a little flap and continued his shower.

Hawks got out of the shower and dried off, then started to flap again hoping to dry them enough to be able to fly when he had to leave. He slipping into his costume but paused before putting on his jacket. Looking down at his own wrist he read the words again.

Hello Little Birdie

Hawks smiled at them, then put on his jacket. He always had a little trouble getting it on, but he was easily able to this morning. As soon as he was done getting dressed he combed his hair and added a little bit of eye liner to darken the lines that were naturally around his eyes. Once finished, Hawks opened the door that went to the balcony.

Hawks really liked the balcony at his new apartment. It gave him an easy overlook on the surrounding buildings and he could easily fly off of it. However, when he looked at the time he realized that he still had about an hour before he had to get to work. Spreading his wings, he perched on the banister and looked over. No one was out really, only once did Hawks actually see a person walking in the morning, and even then it was a hero.

Hawks started to stand, allowing himself to see just a tad bit more of the street. He stepped off the banister and started diving towards the street below. If he was already awake, why not get started early?

***

*Dabi POV*

"Dabiiiiiii,guess whaaaaat." Toga screeched, running into my room. Rolling my eyes, I looked up at her.

"What?"

"I think I found my soulmate!" She was so happy sounding. I decided to stop my self loathing and turned to face her.

"Who is it?" I asked. Despite the fact that I hate my soulmate, I do like talking about them. Just as long as it isn't mine. Besides, this is Toga we're talking about.

"Well, I was sneaking into the UA dorms, right? I wanted to go say hi to Izuku, but I must have went in the wrong dorm or something." She started. I love her, but I really don't think that her words are going to be that helpful when trying to find her soulmate. She's going to end up thinking that every single person she meets is her soulmate. Especially with the words, "What are you doing here" worn like a bracelet.

"Well, I accidentally ran into that froggy girl, her name is Tsu. She yelled at me, but they were my words. I'm sure she's the one." Toga then sat beside me on my bed smiling. Then her smile started to fade.

"Dabi, I know you said you were going to kill your soulmate, but why?" I felt my body suddenly stiffen and my hand went to my collarbone. I shrugged and Toga tilted her head at me. "What are your words? You know mine." I shook my head

"I'm not going to tell you. I didn't ask for yours, you just told me." I pressed a little harder on the mark causing a wave of pain to wash over me. Toga shrugged and moved so she was right in front of me. Looking into my eyes she stayed there, unmoving.

In the blink of an eye, she reached her hand out to my hand and pulled, revealing my scars. I pushed her off of me without thinking and she landed on the floor with a thud.

She shot up with a bright smile on her face. Her nose had started dripping blood on the floor, but she wasn't bothered.

"I'm fine!" She piped up. Suddenly, she lunged at me and pushed me down onto my bed and grabbing both of my wrists. I didn't fight back out of shock. I was ready for another attack, but not her pinning me down. She quickly leaned her face down near my neck before I pushed her away again.

"Fiiiiiiine." she whined. Then she sat down beside me again, however I scooted away.

"Can you pleeeeaaaasssseeee tell me your words? I want to help." She said with a smile. I stood up and rushed to the door without a word.

"If he asks, tell Handyman that I'm going on a walk and no, I don't know where I am or if I'll be back before night. Also, no I do not want to play Mario Kart again, he's going to whip my ass like always." Then I slammed the door and hurried out of the bar into the night. It was pretty chilly, but the cold never bothered me anyway.

I had grabbed my jacket off of my bed while leaving, so I slipped it on and put the hood over my head. I was already planning on heading out tonight, but I didn't think I wasn't going to return. I just needed to be away from everyone right now.

I started towards my old home, well, if you could call it that. The quickest way was through an alleyway that kept this part of town away from the main part. I wanted to go look around to see if I could find my picture, I had been meaning to do so anyway.

After walking through the alley for a few seconds, I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly turned around to see a man who stood a little shorter than me. We stared at each other, he seemed to be studying me, before he jumped back.

"Please don't hurt me, I won't say anything." He begged. I sighed, pulling my hood down.

"I don't want to hurt you. However," I started, walking a little closer to him. "If you tell anyone that you saw me here, well." I continued walking until we were face to face. The man stared at me wide eyed as I engulfed my hand in flames, lighting up the alleyway. I heard something behind me, but ignored it for now.

"Well, your family will be able to find you all over Japan, got it?" I smirked while he nodded frantically. Putting out the fire, I watched him run out of the alleyway before shooting a blast of fire behind at whatever was there. I heard the fire sizzle out and turned to see who was there.

Hawks, that was his name right? The bird one. He was standing there wide eyed at me. With a small smile, I turned completely to face him and lit my arm up. It only burned a little bit anyway.

"Hello Little Birdie. Nice to see you wanted to join us, huh?"

***

Aight so, dear people who might be reading this, please comment on the parts of this story. I would really like to hear criticism as well as what you like from my story. Love y'all,

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈