october 13th, 2020 - angel

Angel turned away from her sketch when she heard her phone chime. Normally, she would ignore her phone when she was sketching, but she'd been anxious all morning, waiting to see if she would get a text from him.
She set her pencil down and picked up her phone from its spot on her desk.

iMessage
10:13 a.m.

Unknown
Hey, mate! It's the bloke
from next door.
-
Angel laughed to herself. She'd been living in Sydney, Australia for almost six months now, but Australian lingo was still amusing to her. Coming from a small town in Arizona to Australia was quite the culture shock for her. But at least she had Morgan with her. The pair had always talked about getting an apartment together back home, but one thing led to another and now they were across the world.

iMessage
10:14 a.m.

Unknown
Hey, mate! It's the bloke
from next door.

Angel ☁️
Heya! Should I just save you
as "bloke" or do you have
a real name?
delivered
-

Simple, witty, Angel assured herself. I think I did okay.
Angel hadn't wanted to take too long in deciding what to say back, so she stuck to what popped into her head first. She wishes Morgan were here to coach her on what to say, but she was out today.
I am a strong, independent woman. Angel thinks. I can take care of my own conversations.
-
A short time passes and Angel's phone chimes again. She snatches her phone and opens Messages.

iMessage
10:26 a.m.

Unknown
Lol, how about we just
stick to "bloke" for
now?

Angel ☁️
A mystery, I like that :)
Delivered
-

Crap, crap, crap, I flirted. Angel paced her room. Oh boy, here we go.
————————————————————
Hehehehe.
Hehe.
Sorry this chapter was a really short :/
Thank you for reading <3