Chapter 7

The Crystal

Harry's pov:

We set up a place for (Y/n) to get trapped in and we only had one chance. Hermione explained to our professor about (Y/n)'s condition he nodded taking out his wand stepping out.

"What are you doing Professor?"

"Well your plan to catch her may be flawless but what are you going to do when you catch her?"

"We were just planning to calm her down with food...that normally works with any condition"

Ron says with food already ready for (Y/n) when she comes back around, "well I was thinking to knock her out you know to let her sleep through it"

"Yeah that didn't work last time"

"What happened last time?"

"She was twice as mad"

"Ah"

"Oh, here they come!"

Right down the hallway, we see Malfoy still keeping up to speed away from (Y/n), she looked pissed. Hopefully, she can tell us what happened. Malfoy runs under the rope triggering it catching (Y/n).

"It worked!"

Fred and George shouted picking up (Y/n) she still had the same scary white eyes and black cracks near her eyes. They lay her on the seats saying they'd rather not see her in such a state.

"And one more thing"

"The Dementor dropped this crystal thing after it touched one of (Y/n)'s eye veins"

Professor Lupin gasped grabbing it out of their hands. He examined it asking us if we have a string of some form. We shook our heads but said that (Y/n) is wearing a necklace that her mother gave her in the first year.

"Let go of me! Malfoy! WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU YOU SORRY EXCUSE OF A WIZARD!!!"

Just as Professor Lupin pops out the jewel on the necklace and puts in the crystal a bright light shined from it creating a small see-through cocoon around (Y/n). She started to slow down falling asleep. "Okay now if I'm correct this crystal will calm her down and not react to certain comments which I'm assuming that peaked her to be in this state"

"How long will she be like this?"

"Depends on how long she was...well whatever that was"

We thanked him for the help and he went off to look for the driver. We stayed by (Y/n)'s side until she woke up. The cocoon thing disappeared once she opened her eyes the black veins were still surrounding her eyes but we decide to not worry about that...yet.

(Y/n) pov:

"Did I kill Malfoy?"

"No, but you beat the living soul out of him"

Ron says combing my messy hair. I sat up looking around trying to remember what happened before I got knocked out. I noticed my mother's necklace had an item added to it. It was the crystal the dementor dropped. "What's this?"

"It's an Adularia Moonstone Quartz it says here that this crystal has the ability to help a person who's been cursed by the Luqification Dark Mark to keep them calm around stressful situations"

"That sounds cool and all but I thought Dementors weren't forgiving?"

"We don't understand either but it must have sensed your curse and by chance had it with it"

Hermione stands up shooing the boys out they exit closing the door. She pulls the cover over the window pointing outside. I look out and there was Hogwarts our home. I smiled at the view no matter how many times I see it I'll still remember the view when we first came here.

Hermione pats my shoulder handing me my small suitcase I take out my clothes quickly changing and letting the boys in. Somehow they found a way to change without anyone walking out of their compartments.

The train slowed down slowly coming to a full stop. We grabbed our stuff heading to the exit. Smoky hoots sleeping in the hood on my cloak. This bird does nothing but sleep is what I noticed.

We jumped in the carriages closing the door behind us. I looked down at the crystal wondering why I was given this by a dementor by all things. The carriage wobbled side to side and the sound of students can be heard through the heavy rain.

"So (Y/n) you said something in the letter about an hour of DADA, right? How come?"

"I don't know were you guys given an hour class for DADA?"

They shook their heads no making me groan. Perfect just what I needed I slouched pouting at this. Why?!

Hermione points at me confusing me. She bumped Harry's elbow, who was sitting next to her pointed at me too saying my necklace. I looked down it had a black crack going through it glowing lightly. My eyes widen picking up the stone closer to my face. The crack started to fix itself like it was never there.

"That was weird"

Ron says looking out the window. Hermione began to look through her book as Harry asked what happened. She found the page again reading the next paragraph."The cracks that appear on the Adularia Moonstone Quartz reflects the anger of the user from within healing them as quickly as possible before transformation"

"Wait I thought it stops me from transforming into that thing"

"No, it just helps heal you as fast as it can before you transform so your chances of changing is less than without it"

I sighed facepalming into my hands my face felt different. I touched my eyes turning to the window screaming, "What's wrong now?!"

"Why didn't you tell me these things were still on my face?!"

"We didn't want to worry you until you saw Madam Pomfrey"

Smoky hoots jumping out of my hood looking up at me. He just tilts his head fluttering up to my head laying his wings over my veins. "Thanks, Smoky but I can't walk around school with an owl perched to my face"

We arrived at the entrance greeting the professor who stood outside like last year. It was Professor Flitwick, he stood by the door greeting us and wishing us good luck for the year. I haven't even started the school year and I already feel like crawling in a hole and die.