Chapter 26

College was finally over and you were already tensed. You got a hell load of homework, assignments, presentations, etc. You sat in the car and Loki began to drive. It was quiet until you decided to talk.

“hey Loki, you were going to say me about the ring, right?” you said looking out of the car window.

“oh that. Well I don't exactly know what that ring is but I've been wearing for a really long time now. I'm just wearing it. And when I don't, I feel as if a part of me is missing.” Loki said, his eyes fixed on the road.

“Oh. Well, don’t mind if I ask you this, but are you married?”

“No. Why?”

“Because that ring of yours looks more like a wedding ring, ya know.”

“It does?”

“yeah. I mean, nevermind.”

“You know I can still hear your thoughts. So, no, I'm not married.” Loki said and you hit him on his arm. “I thought you said you’re not going to read my thoughts?”

“I didn’t read them; you're thinking too loudly.” Both of you walked out of the car 10 minutes later and into the tower. You pressed the elevator button and waited silently. After walking in, neither you, nor him spoke a word. “Hey, umm. I'm sorry.” You finally spoke. Loki looked at you confused. “Sorry for what?”

“for being rude to you. I was- I didn’t mean to but I-”

“I know Y/N, you were forced to do that. And don't worry, I've handled it and now you can be normal.”

“you know what?”

“well, the night you had a nightmare, I came into your room and saw you cry. I casted a spell on you that didn’t let you feel my presence. I saw everything. You were locked up and stuff. So I, as a disguise, met that woman, and like, kind of did the business with her men and bla bla bla. So yeah.” Loki said and you looked down embarrassed. “Y/N, you look too adorable when you're embarrassed. You don't have to be.” He said making your face even more red.

You both walked out and were greeted by a slice of bread flying on your face. “oh shit sorry Y/N.” Tony said and walked up to you, getting the bread out of your face and wiping the jam off. “wow a warm welcoming of mine. Thanks.” You said and walked out to wash your face and makeup. “how was your day?” Steve asked. “it was tiring.” You said flopping on the love sac. Nat tossed you a juice box. “freshen up. And complete your homework.” Steve said, looking through your books.

“yeah sure." You said and just laid there like a starfish, getting all comfortable.

“Y/N you look like a starfish.” Loki said flopping next to you. “well, I meant to just be like that, stretching the shit out of myself.” You said and Bruce came up with some snacks and your book. “lets get done with your work.” You growled, slipping down the sac, making Loki laugh. “oh gosh it was just your first day. You have one whole year. And then you're finally done! Now get up, and I have some plans for the night too.” Loki said and Bruce pulled you off the ground. You walked grumpily and sat down. After hours of homework, assignments and all the stuff, you finally relaxed.

“hey I uh, I am going to skip dinner. I don't know why but I feel way too much drained.” You said and walked back to your room. You changed into something more comfortable, and jumped on the bed. You were too drained, and you had no idea why. You tried to summon a cake, but your hands glowed dim, and flickered.

‘oh no what's happening.’

You got up and tried to waken up your powers. But it didn’t help. Your magic was fading away. Your hands started to shiver, and you could feel your body temperature rise. “Thor! Tony! Steve! ANYONE HERE?” you shouted from your room and Thor came in running. “Y/N are you okay?” he came in and held your hand. His eyes widened and he touched your forehead. “oh god Y/N you're burning up! Let me call Tony.” Before he left, you stopped him.

“Thor wait. I need to tell you something. My powers, they're fading away. I can’t summon anything. My hands are glowing dim. I'm scared.” You said and Thor thought for a moment. “wait I’ll get Loki here. He might know the reason behind it.” You nodded and Thor came back with Loki. Loki ran up to you and touched your hands.

“Y/N you're really hot right now.”

“as in physically appealing?”

“Ye- no I mean your body temperature stupid.” Loki said and laughed. You felt relaxed at his touch. His hands were cold. “Y/N, lay down. Thor,” Loki said and Thor nodded, leaving the room and closing the door behind him. Loki looked back at you and his hands began to glow green. He placed his one hand on your forehead, while the other was holding your hand. You felt more relaxed and the temperature fell down a little.

“oh no.” Loki mumbled, looking scared.

“what is it Loki?” you said trying to sit up, but he pushed you back. “don't sit up. Your temperature will be normal within a few hours. But, your powers… this isn’t supposed to happen.” He said and ran his hand over your arm.

“Y/N, okay, so. How do I start... Your power, Thor told everything to my mother, and she said that your powers are one of the rarest forms of magic. It is possessed only by strong beings, an offspring of gods. Your power, if compared to anyone on Asgard, is the most powerful, maybe even in the nine realms. Usually,  sorceress or any female that performs magic, or healers, as we say in Asgard, lose their power once every month for about three to five days. But the beings who possess powers like you, never lose their power even after death. After death, their powers get doubled up. But you… you're, you're being drained out of your powers. You're losing them. You can only lose your power, or weaken them when you're… you're… well, uh when you're... pregnant.” Loki said and your eyes went wide.

“no way I'm pregnant.”

  “you're not pregnant. Maybe. Hopefully” You sighed. You were still not 18. “then what could be the other possible reason for me losing my powers?” you asked and Loki didn’t say anything for a minute. “I… I don't know… this is strange…” he said and Tony walked in. Loki got up so that Tony could see you. He touched your forehead and sat beside you. “you’re kinda cool now. How did that happen?”

“well, Loki did something that cooled my temperature a little. He said that it’ll be perfectly normal by tomorrow.” You said and Tony walked up to Loki, who was leaning against the wall. “Loki, I still don't trust you, especially with Y/N. if you do something wr-"

“Tony stop” you said and sat up. Tony nodded and walked out. Loki walked back to you and you laid back. “you need to rest, Y/N. you're burning up again.” Loki said and sat beside you, putting his hand on your forehead. You relaxed under his touch and closed your eyes.

“Goodnight, princess.”