Chapter 40

The hall fell silent before Odin began speaking.

“ Centuries ago, Frey, brother of Freya, fell in love with a Midgardian mortal. He had wished to marry her, but his demand was refused. He wasn’t happy and disappeared for years. Even Heimdall couldn’t see him. Once, he had sent us a message, telling that he got married. After several years, he returned to Asgard, but without his wife. He was welcomed, and he lived here as he used to before. But he hid something from us. He had children. Two girls, twins, namely Sigyn and Y/N. His wife had died in an attack and for the sake of the protection of his children, he returned. The girls were identical twins but had only one difference; their eye color.

Sigyn and Y/N lived here for a while long until there were some changes in Y/N’s body. She was examined and it was revealed that she is nothing but a mere mortal, and not an Asgardian. Whereas on the other hand, Sigyn was a pure Asgardian. This difference was caused due to the mating of an immortal and a mortal. Although such cases were very rare. Sigyn possessed the strongest powers since birth, Y/N didn’t. Sigyn got along well with Loki and Thor in childhood, and Y/N remained to stay by herself. After a few years, on being mature, Y/N chose to live a life away from Asgard and on Midgard, as she was no different than a Midgardian. She was sent away on her request, while Sigyn decided to stay.

As time passed by, Sigyn and Loki fell in love at a very young age. It wasn’t known to anyone until they were proper adults. Later, they got married and were happy. Sigyn had conceived by Loki and the news spread joy in Asgard. But soon, she began acting different. On our observation, it was said that she had been practicing dark magic and is under control. Loki and Frigga, as the strongest magicians on Asgard, tried their best to hold her down but she was too strong. She killed half the people of Asgard. She could only be calmed by Loki’s charm, but that didn’t work after a while either. Later, she was to kill Frigga and I had to step up. I fought her, resulting in the sad death of your innocent unborn child. This had an impact on Sigyn, as she began doing dark magic more to compress her sorrow. She was to kill me, Thor and Frigga. But I casted her out, before any further bloodshed.”

Odin spoke and sat on his throne. You felt your legs weak as you stood. Loki fell on his knees and then completely on the ground, and you were being held by Thor. You let go of him and ran to Loki, hugging him. he didn’t make a move, not even a response. He just let his tears flow down his cheeks and sob silently.

“My child… died?” he said and looked at his ring, and then at you with his swollen eyes. You felt really bad for him. you held him close as he was still in shock.

“Why didn’t I know all this?” Loki asked with a very weak voice.

“You had spent nights crying and harming yourself in memory of your child and Sigyn. The healers had to erase your memories. After that, you were told of your true parentage. That had an impact on you, which led to the further events. It was for the best.” Odin spoke and Loki stood up, running out of the hall.

“Loki!” you screamed and ran behind him you could hear Thor and Frigga trying to stop you, but you ignored. You found Loki in his room with the door slightly open. You silently walked in and he was in the bathroom. He was crying a lot. You entered slowly as he sat on the floor, facing a wall and crying his life out.

“Loki…”

“DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR ME.” he screamed, making you jump back a little. “I know it is a lot bu-”

“I don't need your sympathy. You're a cheater. Get out of my room!”

“What did I do? I knew nothing about your past I swear I didn't even know I had a sister! ” Loki laughed and turned towards you. “What did you do? Oh you did nothing. You're innocent.” He spoke with sarcasm. He walked close to you until you hit your back to a wall.

“You used me. You never loved me. You're a cheat.” Before he spoke further, you jammed your lips into his. He relaxed a little and gave into the kiss before pushing you away, making you to hit the wall harder. You purred with pain as he wiped his lips and spat out on the floor.

“I don't need your poison anymore. Get out, now. And don't ever show me your face.” Your eyes were now flaring fire with anger. You pushed him away from yourself and stomped your way out  of the room. Trying to hold your tears back, you teleported to the Bifrost.

“Heimdall, I need to go back. And please, do not tell anyone about me. I beg you.” You spoke and Heimdall nodded. “You don't need to beg me. it is your order and my duty to follow it.” With that, he opened the Bifrost. You landed in front of the tower and walked straight in. everyone walked up to you, asking questions, but you pushed them aside and ran to your room. You locked it and laid on your bed. All of this was too much to handle. You’ve lived 18 years of your life, not knowing your true parentage, and then knowing it all together in this manner was too much. You closed your eyes hoped that you’d pass away in your sleep.

Loki’s P.O.V

I was in my room, anger raging through my veins. Odin was a shitty father. I looked around and I realized I've broken all my furniture except the bed.

“Lok- oh my god what a mess have you created.”

“Thor, leave me alone.”

“I can’t, brother. I’ve promised to protect you, I don't break promises.” He spoke and sat beside me. I couldn’t do anything to him. Even if he wasn’t my true brother, he never treated me any differently. I did love him dearly, but I was scared too.

“We need to go back. To Earth, and get Sigyn back before she does anything.” He spoke and I clenched my jaws. I didn’t want to go back.

“Not now.”

I said and he nodded.  Gave a pat on my back and walked away, closing the doors. I locked them, not wanting to get up, and laid on the bed, staring at the dim sky through the windows. My eyes couldn’t stop letting tears out and I just went with the flow.

This was madness.