X. The Necklace

Sol

"Pop quiz."

Everyone groaned by the mention of the two words.

"Sorry, I'm late." Red said in the most insincere and monotonous voice I've ever heard through his grand entrance at the first subject of the first day of the week.

I felt eyes on me and when I looked at him, they weren't his. They were the ones in front of him, the red headed flirt.

"Eyes on your paper." The annoying teacher annoyingly tapped my desk.

I finished the test in no time. The bell rings and everybody stood up to go to their next classes, including me.

I was about to exit the classroom but a red-headed guy blocked my way and he waited for seconds. When nobody was in the room anymore, before smiling widely to me, "I just wanted to congratulate you for Spirit Day."

My brows raised as my eyes narrow and I tilted my head to the side, "If you're planning on hitting on the homecoming queen, I advise you.... to remove that on your bucket list."

Ever since I entered the campus, everyone was talking about the crown on me when I'm just the new girl. Well, they voted for me, didn't they? I didn't even plan on going to the dance.

His grin showed some teeth while letting out an exhale.

"Pity. But I was referring more on the almost-killing-Red part." He let out a soft sigh and I bite the side of my cheeks.

"I would've done it myself." His shoulders lifted before he added, "But he needed someone a lot stronger than him. And might I add, I love strong ladies." He eyed me from top to bottom.

I faked a grin before sliding my hand to his arm and once it reached his hand, I started walking towards the door before he stiffened.

I broke his hand. But it's nothing for a self-centered vampire, is it?

"Do you now?" I whisper before going out of the classroom completely.

At least there's one benefit of not having the thing that's restraining you from power.

I walked with Meg silently down the hall on the way to the cafeteria.

When we met each other at the table, I felt more silence.

"Okay. This awkward thing, it doesn't work for us, so stop." Meg broke.

"At least we now know each other." Kevin agreed before Rob added, "Too much," in a joking manner, I think.

"How about Kevin." I asked Meg. She 'introduced' everyone last Saturday except Kevin.

"He's nothing." His cousin answered for him. He threw her a piece of a corn snack on her face in return. "But you know, I'd exchange souls with you if that's possible." Rob added.

"It is." Zack ran his fingers through his hair.

"Kidding aside." Robyn rolled her eyes.

"Look, I may not be a psychic or a witch or anything, but I can be trusted." Kevin finally answers for himself.

"That was your great speech?" Meg teased which got her a throw of a piece of corn from Kevin but it just got trapped in the air after she whispered some words.

"Not a normal activity, you say?" I repeat her words from Saturday, raising an eyebrow.

She lifted her palms as if surrendering while smiling widely, "It'll be wasted." Then she ate it from the air.

I sigh silently. Who cares of becoming a normal teenager, right? At least I have friends who have the same situation as me and they find the fun in it.

"Did you find your necklace?" Zack asks.

My mouth was halfway open when I felt Stan walk beside our table with a red-headed girl this time. And my eyes automatically directed to the girl's miscolored neck.

It's exposed as if showing how proud she is to wear it. From the thin shining gold chain to the yellow sapphire that's serving as a fill-in to the sun pendant.

It's my necklace.

"I did." I answer, my eyes still following the couple who just passed.

From my peripheral view, they all followed where my eyes were.

Rob drank her strawberry juice and licked her lips,

"I'll take care of it."