XLIII. The Rule

Sol

After knowing Zack's story, Halle walked out and he followed her. Everyone's just silently sinking what just happened. This day is definitely the weirdest one I had.

To be honest, this would be the craziest move that I had. Imagine being part of a friend group that consists of vampires, fairies, witches or warlocks, whatever.

"Maybe, we all just need to rest and not stress ourselves on this? I mean, nobody's dead.... yet." Rob said which didn't comfort us.

"Okay, I'll go already. Pearce?" Meg invited.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Anywhere normal. I'm gonna tour you around LA." She answered, smiling and went out of the house.

"I have to go. I need to rest." Kevin stated.

"And I'm coming with you. I gotta make sure you don't kill someone today." She laughed but the joke didn't really penetrate at all.

"Hey." Red called as he threw a blood bag and Kev caught it naturally.

In the end, I was left inside the house with him.

"Stan is crazy." I said, laying down on the sofa, relaxing my head on my hands.

"He is." He whispered.

"It's your fault, you turned him." I blamed and he scowled at me in return.

"I saved the guy." He answered back.

"And he's gonna kill us all." I said, exaggerating.

"He was friendless. I met him in a club. Figured that he was a classmate and he had a heck of a miserable life-" He explained.

"I'm not looking for a biography." I cut off but he didn't listen and continued instead.

"He had his drink with my blood. I tried to do it out of boredom, don't ask why. He was wasted as fuck and crashed his car on the way home." He told me which I don't get why.

Is he trying to guilt trip himself?

"Your point?" I asked and he just shrugged, "You're blaming yourse-"

"I didn't say I was." He cut me off.

My tendency was to roll my eyes. Zack and Halle hasn't come back yet and we've been silent for almost 5 minutes. What am I still doing here anyway? Oh right, I don't have a ride home.

"So Pearce." He started which made me look at him and ask, "What about him?"

"Must be fate meeting him after several years." He answered and shrugged.

"So?" I crossed my arms waiting for him to add more. It's just weird he brought up Pearce. As far as I know, Red doesn't care about anyone.

"A childhood sweetheart stays on childhood." My brow raised from his statement? Where did he get the idea of Pearce being my-- Rob....

"You're jealous." I didn't bother asking. His face says it all.

"So?" He mocked.

"I'm going home." I stood up from the couch and headed to the door when he held my wrist so I faced him and his eyes were shooting at me, but not for long when he cupped my face and closed the distance between us.

His tongue played inside my mouth while I threw my legs around his waist and then suddenly, I felt moving for a second and the next thing I knew, my back was feeling the cold wall.

As if there was still space between us, he pushed himself to me and I pulled his hair. The place must've been boring that he moved us again, and this time, to the bedroom where I woke up the first time I got here.

We fell to the bed and he started kissing my neck. When I felt a suck, my nails started to grow into claws. I took the advantage and tore his sweatshirt using it.

He stopped for a moment and looked at the floor where I threw his top, "That was my most expensive shirt." He said and went back to me.

When his hands started to go inside my shirt, I stopped responding to his kisses. The moment he reached my bra, I looked away and he immediately stopped and stood.

I sat down on the bed and looked at him, "This can't happen."

"It didn't." He said, reaching for another shirt in his drawer.

"All of a sudden, you get mad? Kinda petty." I whispered the last part even though he can hear it.

"All of a sudden, you stop. Pretty messed up." He answered back.

"I don't have an eternal life." I face the truth before standing up.

"What are you talking about?" He scoffed.

"You're unbelievable." I head to the door.

"What's your problem?" He asked. Numb jerk.

I faced him with a blank face and answered at my most neutral state,

"I can't but I do. I do like you."