XLI. The Beginner

Rob

After dropping each of them to their houses, I went home to mine. I asked our butler to park it for me because I was too exhausted.

I went inside the front door and mother was already right in front of me, "Hi honey. Welcome back. Bye bye." She kissed my cheek before heading out.

Greg is in his usual drinking-coffee-while-reading-the-newspaper state.

I didn't bother greeting him cause he doesn't expect one anyway so I just went upstairs to my room.

The bed called me so I just jumped on it, laying down and closing my eyes. Not longer than ten minutes, my telephone made noise.

"Ugh." I went up and answered it, "Hello?"

"Go to our house." Red's voice answered.

"Wow. Is this your first time inviting?" Cause it sure sounds like it is.

He already hung up on the other line so I had no choice but to exhale a large amount of air and bounce back to my car.

"Hey. How are you?" I greet Zack once I got out of the car, "And what are you doing here? Visiting your girlfriend?"

"That was what I thought at first but with you, nah. I don't think that's why she called." He answered. And did I not hear him deny my title to Halle?

We came inside the door together and everyone's eyes were looking at us. And by everyone, I mean everyone. What is actually going on? This is getting really creepy.

"Uh.... Hey Zack. How are you?" Meg greeted first before Halle walked towards him, grabbed his neck, and claimed his lips.

"A room's not that far." Sol complained, looking irritated and disgusted at the same time. Well, she looks like that most of the time. No offense, I still love her.

"What's going on?" I finally ask.

Halle walked towards me this time and smiled. I can't really figure out if it's fake or not, "Have you ever tried a blood test, Rob?"

That's a weird question, "No."

I don't usually get sick aside from dust allergy. I never even had bruises or scratches. They heal in seconds. I think I have a thick skin.

"Halle!" Meg exclaimed, in my behalf.

This bitch just knifed her long nail on my palm. It hurts!

"What the h-" I was gonna yell at her but when I looked at my hand, I didn't get to continue to do it but instead, "What the hell?"

"Please tell me I'm color blind." I told them, with my lips trembling.

They all just looked at my hand with different expressions. Sol has her brows furrowed, Meg has her mouth open, Zack has his eyes widened, and the twins have veiny undereyes.

"It's true." Sol stated.

"What's true? That I'm colorblind?" I asked. Right now, I'm seeing silver fluid coming out of the slash on my hand. As far as I know, blood does not look like that.

"She doesn't know." Red said which confused me.

"Whatever she doesn't know, I don't as well." Zack said carefully while raising his hand.

"She's a fairy." Halle said loudly.

"Who's what?" I made sure I was hearing correctly. Either my eyes and ears have a problem or I'm on my bed right now sleeping and this is a nightmare on daylight.

"You're our fairy." Sol repeated, "That's how you can comfort me-"

"Or maybe I'm just a really good friend." I answered but she just raised her brow and I feel like it's a wrong idea that I cut off her line but seriously?! Is this a joke?!

"You spend almost 10 hours in the same building as us when the sun's up. That's how we get past through it." Halle added.

"And you know us. You can't be compelled, you know what kind of.... creatures we are. Rob, you're our guardian." Meg said.

"Fairies are real?" Zack asked who's still confused as much as I am.

Silence was on for about 10 seconds when the double doors opened and it revealed Kev, who's panting right now, "What are you doing here?" Halle asked.

He didn't mind her and he just stepped inside the house when I noticed his eyes. The veins under his eyes, and they're looking directly to my hand.

In a second, he was already in front of me, ready to attack, except Red is locking his neck with his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Kev immediately apologized and sat down while tears were already falling with his sweat.

"Y-you're a-" Meg didn't finish her sentence because it was already obvious.

"It was Stan. H-he did this to me! He killed me and he manipulated me!"