XLIV. The Enemy

Rob

I woke up feeling naseous. This is the first time I felt like this and I don't think it's a good sign. I don't even know if it's a sign or what kind of sign it is.

I mean, a fairy. Me? Seriously?

Sol told us to come at her place. There wasn't a reason, though. She never gives one anyway.

On the way, I went to Meg's to pick her up but the witch isn't ready yet so I decided to go inside her house. Her grandpa opened the door for me and the radio is the only sound to be heard.

"You're here already." Meg said as she comes down, eyeing me from top to bottom, "And you don't seem like yourself."

She noticed how I dressed up for today. I used my cheapest piece of shirt and some random denim pants. As I said, I'm not feeling very well.

"Where are you going?" Grandpa asked.

"Sol's." She answered.

He just nodded and went to the kitchen.

"Ah!" He yelled. We rushed to him and we saw the faucet water running while he was just raising his trembling hands.

"What happened?!" Meg panicked while I walk to the sink when Grandpa shouted again, "No!"

I stopped instantly like a mannequin.

"The water." He pointed to it and murmured a spell but it didn't work. Meg tried it after him and the faucet turned and stopped the water.

"It removed my powers." He said while wiping his hands with a towel, "Warlocks." He whispered.

"And he said warlocks." Meg ended the story from this morning.

We all stared at Zack who's resting his chin on his fists while sitting at the dining table all alone, "There could be many warlocks in LA." He tried to comfort himself.

I felt my head ache again and it made me cringe.

"You okay?" Kevin asked.

"That shouldn't be a question." I can't help but reply like Sol. Aside from her language is contagious, I'm really feeling like everything happening is not serious.

"That's not a good sign." Carla said when she saw me.

"So it's bad." Meg repeated.

"You didn't know that you were a fairy?" Carla asked while sitting beside me.

"No. And I never thought I would be. And I didn't even know that fairies exist." I almost felt like crying but it wouldn't do any good so....

"Fairies are born from one generation skipping the next one. You're mother must've known that." She lectured.

"Well, my mother was never home to tell me that." I rolled my eyes.

That's when it hit me. My theory is that mom was moving from one guy to another to protect my identity. Since birth, we've been moving cities.

"What's our plan for summer?" Kev asked.

"It's literally spring break." Meg chuckled.

I looked at Sol who seems to be spacing out.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I move places because my guardians are always being attacked. I should act now before it happens to you." She looked at our friend who are laughing at some conversation.

"You can't do that." I told her which made her look at me.

"First of all, we're not your guardians." I thought about what I said, "Or maybe, they aren't. But we're strong and we can take down whoever plans to stop us." I reassured.

"Bye!" I bid before dropping Meg at her house.

This day was a lot of things. Actually, this week and the past few weeks and months have been wild.

I arrived to our house and no one was there so I just went straight to my room. While opening my door, the door beside me opened and it revealed.... Stan.

"Stay away from me." I stood tall.

"Where's the welcome back?" He asked, grinning widely while stepping closer to me, "So I heard, sis."

"Stay back." I summoned.

"You are.... hmm...." He touched my hair and, "What you must've been dreaming when when you were what? Four, five?"

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound strong.

"Oh. Do you grant wishes too?" He joked which wasn't funny. He's not acting funny at all.

"I don't." I answered.

"Well, that's too bad. I do have one wish and you can actually help me with that one."

In a blink, his hand was covering my mouth while his was on my neck.