XXXVII. The OG Frenemy

Sol

"You wanna say something?" I asked Halle who's sitting at the back, looking at me from time to time, as I can see in my peripheral view.

We're on our way to Texas with Rob, driving, Meg, sleeping beside Halle, whom I wasn't aware was gonna join us. But I have no say in this, the bestfriends are back.

"No." She answered.

"Then stop staring." I demanded because I'm seriously getting conscious.

"Seriously? You can't order me around just because your an a-"

"Ahh!" That was Meg, who shrieked because of Rob's bad driving, "Sorry, there was a dog crossing the street."

"At least you woke me. I just had the strangest dream," she started. "Why hasn't Kev been in school for a week?" She asked.

"I dunno. I bet they're family took vacation in advanced or something." Rob answers.

"Oh." Meg reacts shortly.

"Dream no more, we have arrived." Rob took a right turn and the view was a high building. She paid for it, I told her to just go for a motel but she insisted a 4-star hotel.

But it would be worth it after more than 20 hours on the road.

We all slept for almost a day.

I got ready and wore a flannel with a pair of denim overall shorts and some boots.

"Finally, you're done." Rob said while putting on her earrings.

"Where are we even going?" I asked her. Meg and Halle already went out earlier than us to who knows where. They're most probably catching up.

"Where else? We're gonna catch some feelings." She laughed but I just raised my brow, "Come on. Have some sense of humour. We're gonna go shopping."

She even held my hand and dragged me out of the room. I won't argue, shopping will make me feel better. Plus, this is probably the only free time I got before proceeding to my motive in this place.

"So, you grew up in here, right?" She asked while driving.

"Yea." I answered shortly.

"You know someone from here?" She asked again. There's the nosy Robyn coming out of the shell.

"Yea. They're all dead. I mean, as far as I know." I answered again.

"Then who are we visiting here?" She asked, confused by my answers.

I don't even know the answer to that, I don't wanna think about it, "They're ghosts." I joked.

"Stop. Oh my gosh." She's afraid of ghosts, noted.

"Alrighty, here first." She dragged me, she loves doing that, to a designer store, "Try this on." She held the hanger of a flowy dress in front of me to see if it fits.

"No need for that." I smiled and got the hanger from her and went straight to the cashier.

"Woah, do I see a Soleil not caring about money?" She joked and I just laughed in return.

In the end, night time's slowly arriving and she's holding six paper bags, 3× of how many I'm holding.

"What the fuck." That was my reaction when someone from behind was running and bumped me. There's like a space beside me that can fit ten people and he decided to hit someone who's just trying to find a place to eat.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He apologized and went back to me to pick up the bags that fell on the floor.

"Why are you even running?" Rob asked.

He looked at the view behind us before placing his arm around Rob's shoulder, "Bro, what the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He didn't answer until a man full of tattoos passed by, "Thanks for cooperating. Not to you." He told me.

"No problemo." Rob flirted.

"Oh no. There's a problem. You even have to balls to say that?" I asked, it's not really a question, it's more of proving a point.

"Yea, I have the balls to say that." He summoned and even smirked before handing me the bags.

I grabbed it but he suddenly held my hand. I tried to let go but he was strong.

I know that kind of strength.

He looked at the tattoo on the side of my wrist and my face, back and forth, for three times before he said the name that just gave meaning to my whole trip.

"Lei?"