XVIII. The Rivals

Zack

I went out of the shower with a towel hanging on my shoulders. Training just finished and I don't have anywhere to go to waste my time.

When I grabbed my gym bag, I heard some murmurs. Since I'm the last guy to finish showering, I didn't expect anyone else in here anymore.

"Shh...." I heard it when I put my bag back where it was and went to follow the sound which was behind the bleachers.

And just as I thought, it was the red-head with a senior girl who, at the moment, is chuckling, enjoying what the asshole's doing to her.

"There's this thing called privacy." Stan said without looking at me.

Since my view is towards his back, the girl in front was the one who looked at me while I lean on the bleachers and cross my arms.

"Just as I thought, you're becoming worse." I point out which made him sigh loud.

I witnessed him compelling the girl to never mention what has just happened. And I thought he would be proud.

"Still the same Stan." The son of a bitch agreed on my statement.

"That didn't seem the case with Halle." I mention.

"We're just playing. Life's a game." He stated, raising his hand on both sides as if making an obvious point.

I smirked and shook my head in his intentional stupidity.

"That's not what I saw." I started, "I was there when she was crying and she called you. I don't know why you but really?"

I was in Kevin's cafe that night when I saw Halle enter alone. I thought that was unusual, firstly her going in a public place and secondly, while she's alone.

So I watched her while drinking my frappucino and it was more unusual that she didn't care that someone was staring at her. For sure, she knew about it.

Stan entered the cafe and she looked at him. That's when I got a clear view of her face and her eyes that were red and watery.

"Why do you care about what I do anyway?" He asked.

"I don't." I simply answered before adding, "But the girl's not a toy. And she doesn't have immortal feelings."

"That's the thing. She's not a girl." He obviously meant it in a bad way. In a second, my fist landed on his nose which made him step back because it caught him off-guard.

"What the fuck?" He yelled.

Without saying anything, I walked back to where my bag was to proceed into leaving but he stopped me.

"Leaving without this, are you?" I turned back to him again who's wiping his bloody nose that doesn't have any bruise left and saw his other hand on the air holding a necklace.

It's Soleil's necklace.

"You really had to lie about not having that?" I asked.

He shrugged before answering, "It's fun."

"And let me guess, even Halle doesn't know that you have that." I raised my brows.

"Why the fuck do you keep mentioning Halle, huh?" His brows are now furrowed.

Nothing came out of my lips before he said, "You like her, don't you?" And his confused expression turned into an amused one.

"Just give that to me." I said, referring to the necklace. All he did was grin.

"Why do you want it anyway?" I asked a serious question which had an answer that made me curious.

"It's fun seeing their eyes look for this everywhere they turn." He explained in an amused tone.

My brows are furrowed this time, "You're fucking crazy."

"I know." He simply answered.

"Just give me that." I walked closer to him and grabbed the necklace but all my hand touched was the empty air.

Now I have this urge to punch his face right again.

"You can't have it. Just like you can't have Halle." He grinned smugly.

"You're a fucking jerk, you're the one getting killed if you don't give that." I summoned back.

"Why don't you just make her another one like this? It's your mission in life, isn't it. You were raised to do this stuff." He asked which made me stop at the moment.

And then he answered his own question.

"But you can't. You can't use your pathetic black magic."