XL. The Squad

I placed my bags on the floor before heading to the kitchen. When I saw Carla cooking, I leaned on the wall.

"It's you, isn't it?" I started.

She didn't mind what I said and placed a plate of lasagna on the countertop, "Welcome home. I cooked!"

Right after she sat, she looked at me shocked when I said it, "You're the fairy. That's how you rescued me." I sat in front of her before she tried to open her mouth.

"You're our fairy. You're supposed to protect us." I added but her face dropped a 'what' look.

"T-that shouldn't be right." She answered.

"I've had too many secrets kept from me, Carla. It's a yes or no situation, just tell me the truth." I said, trying to be calm as possible.

"I am a fairy. But not your fairy." She said which made my head ache, "Then how do you explain all these? Who's our fairy, whose fairy are you?"

She sighed before telling me, "I'm your parents'." She started and that caught my whole attention, "It was my fault that they died, I'm sorry. I wasn't strong enough." Her eyes started to tear up.

I didn't find the right words to say to her. I'm not sure if I should comfort her or be mad at her. I'm not sure if it's anyone's fault. What's done is done, no matter the circumstances.

All I did was eat the lasagna on my plate. Is it wrong to notice that the taste has changed from the one before?

"I've lost my powers when the pack was murdered. I followed you everywhere you go and I watched you grow. When you decided to go here without being in a pack, I decided to take action."

"Your parents are proud of you. Trust me, I know." I stared at her, emotionless. I don't know what to feel.

"How do you know?" I asked.

She smiled at me, "I may have retired from my mission but I'm still a supernatural being, Sol. Does it taste different?"

"Yea." I answered truthfully.

"It's because I didn't cook the last time. And I didn't talk to you." She said and it started to creep me out that I only managed to shake my head.

"I would never call you hija." She added. I had ideas in my head but I didn't want to assume that it's what she's talking about, "Your mother has been borrowing my body for a few times."

"What the fuck." Those were the only words I could say.

"It's the least I can do after what happened to them. And I'm telling you, she loves you." She said and the doorbell rang in cue.

I stood up to get it to escape from the conversation. When I opened the door, it revealed Pearce, "What are you doing here?"

"Meg gave me your address cause she thought her grandpa might go crazy if he saw me in their house if ever she's not there so...." He explained.

I went out to the main road to find a taxi and he just followed me.

"Where are we going?" He asked, looking out the window, eyeing the view.

"The Dakotas'." I answered.

"Halle's?" He asked.

"You made your research." I noticed.

After a few meters of walking, we arrive at their house. Before I could knock, the door already opened and it revealed Red who looked at me before focusing on the guy beside me.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"Who are you?" Pearce asked next.

Red smirked before talking to me, not taking his eyes off of Pearce, "You're an Alpha except you have low standards." I think that was supposed to be an insult to Pearce but I was the insulted one.

"You're a jealous vampire." It came out of my mouth automatically before I went in, leaving both of them at the door.

"Sol? Pearce?!" Meg exclaimed excitedly.

I just sat down on their couch before thinking about what Carla and I talked about earlier.

"Carla's not our fairy." I announced.

"Of course she's not." Halle answered so I looked at her, raising my brow.

"We are the only supernatural group," She even made a quote on quote using her hands, "that we all know. We have the same fairy and it wouldn't be someone who's fake parenting one of us."

"It should be someone close to all of us." Meg said, just realizing it.

I looked at them one by one. Red, Halle, Meg. I realized who was missing.

"She was right in front of us the whole time."