Chapter 2 .- "Freckles"

Monday came and Millie had to go back to school, being honest with herself what happened over the weekend filled her with energy, Nana always knew how to make her feel better, the things she did for her and the love she showed her every day was her motivation to smile despite adversity, people could be idiots, but that could always be overcome with attitude and a little faith.

"How was your weekend Frodo, did you ride a hippogriff or did you have a date with Harry Potter?".

"Speaking of idiots". Millie whispered under her breath as she stuffed her books into the locker, completely ignoring Jacob. Millie had poor reflexes so at the wrong time, she accidentally dropped all her books. "Shit!".

Jacob's laughter was heard throughout the hallway making everyone turn to see her as she gathered her things from the floor, the irony of bad luck is that Jacob's locker was very close to Millie, it was inevitable to see his face every day.

"What kind of antiquity is this weirdo?" .Jacob said as he held Millie's journal. "Isn't the scholarship enough to buy decent notebooks?". Millie quickly jumped to take the diary from Jacob causing him to raise his hand more, taking advantage of his height to put it out of her reach, he could notice how she paled, if he saw the content of that diary it would be her end.

"Please, please, I want it back!!". Millie said while jumping and listening to the laughter of everyone in the hall, suddenly everything began to go in slow motion, as if that moment needed to be recorded in the memory of everyone forever or specifically in the memory of Millie ... someone snatched the diary from Jacob's hand, as his deep voice flooded the hallway.

"She told you to STOP!". Everyone turned their gaze to the owner of that voice, a tall, thin and pale boy, his dark curly hair almost covered the upper part of his face but even so his attractive features were evident, deep dark eyes and a face full of charming freckles, he wore an open red flannel and down a white t-shirt, her scruffy and relaxed look was a funny contrast to Jacob who was wearing flamboyant brand clothing and seemed to have come out of a JZ video.

"And who the hell are you? ... The lawyer for this weirdo?" Jacob spat in anger.

"My name is Finn, I'm new here and ... Don't call her that, she's a girl ... you can't treat girls that way, you can't treat people that way!...Dude, who do you think you are? ". The mystery guy finally had a name and looked the biggest bully in the school directly in the eyes, Jacob took a breath and approached menacingly.

"You asked who I think I am? ... you will know soon, welcome to paradise...". Without saying more Jacob left, like all the students in the hallway, Finn was used to idiots like him so he just rolled his eyes and returned his gaze to Millie who had been silent the whole time, seemed to be in shock.

"It seems like this belongs to you". he said as he handed the diary to Millie and she looked at him with her mouth open, she just nodded as she took the diary without looking at him for a moment, she seemed to be scared for some reason,thats why Finn wanted to break the ice just to make things a little less awkward.

"And what's your name?".

"Freckles". Millie said almost in a whisper, her face was expressionless and her eyes wide, she seems hypnotized by him.

"What? ... Your name is freckles?" . He said while laughing, but it wasn't the kind of laugh that bothered Millie, he wasn't making fun of her.

"No, no, I mean you have freckles". Millie replied as she watched every feature on his face.

"Oh Yeah, this things". He said pointing his nose ..."I owe it to my mom's family and ..."

 "Mr. Wolfhard! ". Professor Harbuor's voice cut them off. "Could you come to my office please?".