Chapter X||

'Each day feels like a Mystery thriller film with a tint of comedy and drama

'Each day feels like a Mystery thriller film with a tint of comedy and drama. Never knew life had these things in its hands for me. Isn't it funny although the pain is unbearable? But I know, whatever may come she is always with me no matter what, to love me, to lead me and also to remind me I am not alone in this game. She is there for backup...' His thoughts were interrupted by ruhi.

"Mahir, Rajat came. We need to leave fast"

'Dont know what all drama is gonna take place in doctor Mehra's house today. Hope we will get some clue from there.' He told himself and left the room not before taking a last look at Bela's photo.

At Mehra's Home.

"Here, please have the coffee." Mehra's daughter said and sat down opposite them. "You haven't told me yet why you all are here. Is this something related to papa's death?"  She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Not precisely Akshara but something related to it. We wanna search doctor's room to see if we can find anything useful from there." Rajat said.

"But a few days back a police officer came and took few things from papa's room. He told me he was investigating papa's case but I haven't heard from him after that." Akshara's words were pretty shocking for them. Especially Rajat because none of his police officers had reported him bout this. He was sure that it was someone from outside who did it. "Do you remember that officer's name Akshara?"

"Yes, it was something like Lucky," she said. "Yuck, who names their child lucky." Ruhi cringed.

"That's not the point here. Do you remember the things he took?" Mahir asked Akshara.
"He found a duel phone and few papers in papa's room. He took the papers and sim. He kept the phone down and said it's not necessary." She replied.

" Really 'Not necessary', this is nonsense. If he was interested in solving this case then he would have firstly took the mobile phone and secondly reported it to me." Rajat scoffed.
"Well, since we know he had no intended to solve, how about we search the phone?" Ruhi proposed.
"I'll get the phone," Akshara said and rushed to her room not caring about her baby bump.

"Seems like there is another idiotic policeman like you," Ruhi commented.
"Well, there are maneater girls like you. So it's not a big of a surprise." He said. "Well it's hard to get nasty combinations like you, idiot, grumpy and mannerless" she smirked.

"If your shitty mouth..." "Please Rajat, she is like that only. So please dont listen to her" Mahir begged. Rajat stomped his foot whereas ruhi huffed in anger.

"Here is the phone. I dont know doesn't it even work anymore." Akshara said handing Rajat the only Nokia phone.
"It's okay Akshara, we have our technicians for this. Thank you for cooperating with us. I'll make sure your father gets justice." He assured and she mumbled a thank you tearfully.

The trio entered the car and Rajat started the engine. " Rajat I dont understand why we didn't search his room. There must be something na." Mahir asked disappointed. "We wouldn't have got anything from there mahir. I am sure that that lucky must have destroyed all evidence that may lead to them. Otherwise, he would have taken the phone no matter how important it is." He said and Mahir sighed.
"It's okay Mahir, trust me," he said and kept a hand on Mahir's should.

Later at the police station.

''So what's next?'' Ruhi asked playing with the weight.

''Next, I am gonna go and meet my wife'' Mahir said collecting his things.
''But what about the investigation? It's not even halfway." Rajat whined.

"Come one, you are the great ACP Rajat Tokas. You dont need me to solve this case. Also, At the end of the day, one should return to where he belongs." He said with a genuine smile and left.

"So the answer to your question, first, I am gonna meet a techy who can help us with this mobile. Secondly, need to contact the cyber cell authority for the CDR (call detail record) of Mehra and then you are gonna collect bela's medical report from Teni. And last but not the least, hunt down our thief." Rajat completed.

" Rajat completed