Chapter XXV||

BELA'S POV

BELA'S POV

I opened my eyes blinking. The first thing I saw was Mahir Ji standing in front of me with teary eyes. A nurse is sitting near me on a stool. Saline water is connected to my body. It took me a few moments to understand that I am in a hospital bed as I fainted when I heard mahir Ji died. I immediately jumped on him in happiness. He held me tightly. Both of our eyes were pooling with tears. Suddenly I noticed that that needle is missing from my hands. I turned to the bed only to see myself lying on the bed unconscious. For a moment I felt like blood was drained out from my body. But then it strikes me that it is impossible as I am bela's soul. But what made me feel so vulnerable is that it's Mahir's soul who is with me now. But still, I felt a drop of happiness as I am going to enter heaven or hell with mahir Ji. My mahir. But his next four words were like a mini arrow that broke my whole body into infinite pieces.

"I am leaving bela," he said and passed me a small smile.....teary smile.  

"Without me," I asked to hope to get a no as a reply. But he didn't say anything. He just nodded which showed how much he wanted to be with me.

" you cannot...without me..we both promised to be together in our all seven lives...whether in life or death...in heaven or hell.." I said looking at his face which had a different glow and aura. "take me with you," I said ....which sounded more like a command" I cannot....because you still have a lot of responsibilities to fulfil. "what responsibilities" I asked. For that, he slowly moved his hands near my belly and pointed to it. I looked at his hands then at his face. Happiness was evident on his face. "you need to take care of him. Tell him I loved him so much. And I'll always protect him from a place unknown. Love him more than you love me. Never make him feel that he is fatherless. Can you do that for me?" He asked "Mmmmm..... I'll do that...but who will take care of me. Who will protect me? Who will love me more than you do? Who will make me feel that I am not alone." I asked

" he will" he replied. "no he cannot....he cannot replace your love for me. Nobody can." I told and hugged him. Then started to cry. "you know what... I hate you...a lot." I said breaking the hug. I am sure it hurt him so much. But it is needed. He should know my pain before leaving me like this. I pushed him slowly and entered my body. But before, I looked at him only to see him leaving wiping his tears.

MAHIR'S POV

I excited her ward. Her last words hurt me so much. A lot. I know she didn't understand me. Moreover, she doesn't have to as it's me the one who was leaving her and going. I wish if I get a few more time with her it would have been cool. I just wanted to hug her close when the doctor announces that she is pregnant. I just wanted to complete one of her mood swings. I only want to buy a few dresses and toys for my baby. It would have been enough. More than enough. But this destiny is so cruel to me that it won't even spare me one minute. Now standing in front of this circle or you can say this entrance to heaven or hell... I feel so ashamed of myself for going, leaving behind my wife and unborn baby. But I can't help it. I need to go. I hope in my next life, I'll get a chance to live with my bela a happy normal life. It doesn't matter whether I am poor or rich. If she is with me then it's enough.